I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice - 2011
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Karen needs to get back on judging panel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Karen needs to get back on judging panel
    Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 14:07
I agree with Kyran in his blog when he says that 'Maybe it was the blue of the studio but the judging felt cold/clinical, as if school teachers were remarking on poor students'

He's right, it did feel a bit cold, the whole 3 judges set up just doesn't work, not helped by the fact that only one judge has technical skating knowledge (albeit some of the best skating knowledge in the world).

Emma, it has to be said, is out of her depth (let's be honest, she's only because she was a Spice girl, that train has long left the station) making some ridiculous comments on Sunday about facial expressions or something (so dull, I can't even remember them!)

Jason, is just Jason, his well rehearsed 'off the cuff' remarks are more of the same old, same old, but I do think he's right to be there. No doubt he's prepared more controversial remarks for the coming weeks. I sort of don't blame him for setting on Angela Rippon, she came over as a bit too schoolmarmy (& scary ) for my liking.

I'm [i[almost missing Nicky and his abstract marking and nonsensical comments, the way he'd dig himself into a massive hole get all flustered trying (& always failing) to scramble out of it.

I don't know if Karen had a 'promotion' as such, I can sort of seeing their reasoning in putting amidst the skaters as she was always championing them but it's not working. She can berate Jason just as much on the panel plus it was great to know she was in slapping distance

Thoughts anyone?   
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 15:01
Have to agree as well.  On the whole the changes made by ITV have worked really well - and the new professionals seem really good and of a high standard (unlike SCD).

However not replacing Nick and not having Karen on the judging panel is in my opinion an error.  Without Karen the Judging panel seems to lack any warmth and is all rather cold and definitely misses the expertise skate wise of both Karen and Nick.

Whilst i understand Karen's coaching role has increased - being both a judge and coach has not affected her judging on the panel in previous years and hopefully after the two qualifying rounds ITV may reconsider the panel for the rest of the run
Rubyx3 View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Rubyx3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2011 at 17:40

It seems Karen now in a supporting role to Chris and Jayne on the Ice.

Don't get her new position on the tv line-up tho???  She's just sat infront of the participants?
Isn't that what Chris and Jayne are supposed to do?
She was better off as a judge, but can't see that happening
 anymore.
Next .. she'll be off the show too, joining Nicky.
Next David Hasselhoff will be on the judging panel!!
Rubyx3 View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Rubyx3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2011 at 17:41
I don't know if Karen had a 'promotion' as such, I can sort of seeing their reasoning in putting amidst the skaters as she was always championing them but it's not working. She can berate Jason just as much on the panel plus it was great to know she was in slapping distance

Thoughts anyone?   [/QUOTE]
MORE LIKE A DEMOTION IMO!
anniemay View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote anniemay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2011 at 18:11
I would like a fourth member on the judging panel, but only someone who knows about skating!!
 Post Reply Post Reply