I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice - 2011
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What the celebs danced to & scores & comments

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What the celebs danced to & scores & comments
    Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 23:32

Olympic skating superstars Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean return to train a team of novice celebrities - and this year the series is the biggest ever with 16 celebrity skaters all vying for the 12 places to be a dancing sensation on ice.

Following in the footsteps of previous winners Hayley Tamaddon, Suzanne Shaw, Kyran Bracken, Gaynor Faye and Ray Quinn, our skating stars will perform LIVE each week to win the approval of the all important Judges, capture the hearts of the nation, and compete for the title of Dancing on Ice Champion 2011.

Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby will be ring side to preside over all the action and the Judges will be on hand to deliver their verdicts.

Highlights tonight included; a breathtaking launch routine by Torvill and Dean and the pro skaters with a drum core and the cast of Tap Dogs, Kerry Katona conquering her nerves to skate her first dance on ice, Johnson Beharry VC wowing viewers with his skating development and Vanilla Ice giving a polished and entertaining finish to the first performance show.

Performances and Judges Comments

DANCING ON ICE

Live Show 1

Sunday 9 January 2011

ITV1 Performance Show - 18.30 – 20.30

ITV1 Results show – 21.30 – 22.15

Adding a touch of sparkle to our TV screens is the return of ITV’s hit Entertainment show Dancing on Ice. 

Steven Arnold skated with Nina Ulanova to House of Fun (Madness) and scored 7 out of 30

Jason Gardiner (scored 2) “For me you didn’t sustain the routine, you have to be the male presence in the act, you lost it half way through for me”

Emma Bunton (scored 2) “Such a shame you had a few hiccups, the potential is there, once you have more confidence it will be a more relaxed routine”

Robin Cousins (scored 3) “ He will come back next week because he has a huge fan base that will vote for him, and they need to as he can skate better than that, nerves took over, I love the fun partnership

Angela Rippon skated with Sean Rice to At Last (Etta James) and scored 11 out of 30

Jason Gardiner (scored 3) “ You are lacking any emotional connection with the choreography, it’s a little dull and safe, you need to connect with what you’re doing more”

Emma Bunton (scored 3) “I was going to give you a high score but saw a few tumbles, it was a really sweet performance, you look gorgeous”

Robin Cousins (scored 5) “The leg and hand lines are beautiful, you need to let yourself go and don’t worry about attention to detail on the dancing side as much”

Laura Hamilton skated with Colin Ratushniak to My Life Would Suck Without You (Kelly Clarkson) and scored 16 out of 30

Jason Gardiner (scored 4) “ I echo what the other two have said, watch your face as you look goofy, watch your arms,.  I’m thrilled because I can see we have someone in this competition that has great potential”

Emma Bunton (scored 6) “I’m so excited, it was fast, brave and exciting – enjoy the fact, that lovely man can lead you around, don’t loose control because you’re so fast, I’m excited about you, vote for this girl”

Robin Cousins (scored 6) “Fantastic to see the energy you attack the routine with, it’s also your worst trait.  You need to pull back and let Colin lead you around the ice, viewers may not have known you when you started but they know you now”

Johnson Beharry skated with Jodeyne Higgins to Wishing on a Star (Paul Weller) and scored 11 out of 30

Jason Gardiner (scored 2) “The thing is, from your VT, it’s moving and you’ve overcome so much, but your biggest challenge in this competition is performance, especially the presentation.  No energy in what you’re doing – you need to work on it.  I’m very divided, with my heart, I’d love you to go through but my head tells me otherwise”

Emma Bunton (scored 4)  “From VT to now your skating has come on such a long way, you really supported your partner, I just want to see more of that cheeky smile”

Robin Cousins (scored 5) “6 years in and you are one of the most confident skaters, you didn’t rely on your pro skater, your obviously very focused on what you do, you need to present the warmth to the camera that you get from everyone else”

Nadia Sawalha skated with Mark Hanretty to Proud Mary (Tina Turner) and scored 9 out of 30

Jason Gardiner (scored 3) “  I wouldn’t say I’m eternally happy, you did start off with great posture and then you started to dance, your legs looked anthestiested, your shimmies were like a nervous twitch .”

Emma Bunton (scored 3)  “Energy, performance and smiling, a little but on the spot for me but I want to see you move a bit more”

Robin Cousins (scored 3)

Kerry Katona skated with Dan Whiston to Make You Feel My Love (Adele) and scored 14 out of 30

Jason Gardiner (scored 4) “What an improvement from the dress run, that was very tender and controlled and worked beautifully with Daniel.  Watch your face and the expressions as you skate”

Emma Bunton (scored 5) 

Robin Cousins (scored 5) “Over the last few days of rehersals your emotions were intense, it’s great that you’ve got it as some people fake that and you don’t have to”

Jeff Brazier skated with Isabelle Gauthier to The Way Love Goes (Lemar)   and scored 11 out of 30

Jason Gardiner (scored 3) “Not enough power or strength within skating for my liking”

Emma Bunton (scored 4)  “I love the dance moves, I’d love you to commit more to the dance moves, make your arms stronger, I have to admit I have a soft spot for you”

Robin Cousins (scored 4) “From a skating point of view, I have a soft spot for you also, I hope people pick up the phone and vote”

Vanilla Ice skated with Katie Stainsby to Word Up (Gun) and scored 15 out of 30

Jason Gardiner (scored 5) “Great routine, played to all your strengths, and all vanilla isms, solid partnering, I wonder how will you adapt to different styles? I think we should take a gamble on you as you’re entertaining”

Emma Bunton (scored 5) “Tonight was exciting, your lifts were fantastic in first show”

Robin Cousins (scored 5) “Great routine, great skating and you will be around for weeks to come so get ready to do that ballad routine!”

The acts that took part in the first ever 3-way skate off were Angela Rippon, Laura Hamilton and Nadia Sawalha

The two acts the public decided to send home were; Angela Rippon and Nadia Sawalha

“I’ve had a wonderful time, it’s been absolutely tremendous to train with world class skaters, thank you to everyone that voted” says Angela

“I will miss everybody” says Nadia

Dancing on Ice is a ITV Studios Production

Annemariekx View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Annemariekx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2011 at 12:00

Hey Alex! Thanks for all this catch up on DOI. Our house was broken into on saturday night so i missed the first ep but, thanks to you and bren i feel like i watched it along with you! Will dm x

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 10:21
Missed ya, hope you'll be OK for Sunday's show, should be very interesting.
 Post Reply Post Reply