I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice - 2011
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Are 3 judges enough?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tlsussex View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tlsussex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are 3 judges enough?
    Posted: 25 Dec 2010 at 17:00
I don't agree that they should have just one professional ice skater on the judging panel.

With Jason and Emma judging the performance aspect of each routine is it enough to have the views from just one judge that actually knows what they are talking about? And seeing as its essentially an ice skating competition.

I think that 5 on the panel was perhaps a bit to much but four would have been ideal with Karen, Jason, Emma and Robin. Two judging the skating aspect and two the performance.

And if the votes in the skate off were tied then go back to the lowest public votes for the elimination!
tlsussex
Jess21x View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Jess21x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2010 at 18:16

They should definatley have another ice skater - that's what the show is all about!

Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2010 at 21:27
Ditch Jason and get another ice skater on there (Stephen Cousins or a previous winner maybe like Kyran).

3 judges is fine as there will always be a final vote.

Edited by Eviesmum - 25 Dec 2010 at 21:29
terrip View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote terrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2010 at 07:20
An odd number is much better for the skate off.  I like the idea - why pretend it's ALL about the skating?
Terri P
tlsussex View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote tlsussex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2010 at 21:45
Yes, 3 judges are better for the skate off but personally I would like to see the skating judged from more than one professional!

It would be like having only Len on the Strictly panel alongside two non dancers!
tlsussex
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2010 at 23:34
Originally posted by tlsussex

Yes, 3 judges are better for the skate off but personally I would like to see the skating judged from more than one professional!

It would be like having only Len on the Strictly panel alongside two non dancers!

Isn't Len the only trained latin/ballroom dancer anyway???

(not sure what dance/choreography/entertainment Bruno, and Craig were trained in, but
probably not ballroom??)

and as for Alesha??what was you saying?

Edited by deborah31 - 26 Dec 2010 at 23:36
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
CarrieGlides View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote CarrieGlides Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2010 at 02:20
While I agree that three judges does make it easier for the vote off, I feel that only having one skater on the panel makes the judging unbalanced.  With two judges looking at the performance elements and only one looking at the technical ability of the skaters it will change the focus of the show from dancing on ice to performing on ice.  Personally, I would have preferred the judges panel to have two skaters on the panel and only one showbiz judge.  I enjoy seeing how the skaters are progressing week by week and have found in the past that Karen and Robin's comments were the ones that I paid most attention to each week.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2010 at 11:19
Emma - Pointless!
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Jess21x View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Jess21x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 13:47
I completely agree!
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 21:49
What happened to Nicky??
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 13:05
i disagree wsith getting rid of Jason, he is the one jjudge who is actually biased and speaks the truth without feeling he has to sugar coat it for the celebs. Yes he can go over the toop on occasions but he is useually spot on.

Get rid of Emma, a pointless celeb on the show.
 Post Reply Post Reply