I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Skating With The Stars
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Skating with the Stars: Final recap and pictures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Online
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skating with the Stars: Final recap and pictures
    Posted: 22 Dec 2010 at 11:17

And the winner is Rebecca Budig... TV star is crowned queen of the ice in Skating with the Stars Final

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 6:28 AM on 22nd December 2010

Bethenny Frankel may have been the star of the show, but Rebecca Budig is skating queen as she was crowned winner in the finale of Skating with the Stars tonight.

The show, which has so far received a lukewarm ratings reception in the US, came to a close with the TV actress skating her way to victory.

Rebecca was named the first ever winner of the competition, which is based on a British version called Dancing on Ice.

Victory:%20Rebecca%20Budig%20is%20crowned%20queen%20of%20the%20ice%20as%20she%20wins%20Skating%20with%20the%20Stars%20tonight

Victory: Rebecca Budig is crowned queen of the ice as she wins Skating with the Stars with her partner Fred Palascak in Los Angeles tonight

Ecstatic:%20Rebecca%20gives%20dancing%20partner%20Fred%20a%20huge%20hug%20as%20they%20are%20announced%20as%20the%20winners%20

Ecstatic: Rebecca gives dancing partner Fred a huge hug as they are announced as the winners

She skated her heart out to beat reality TV star Bethenny, as the two women came head-to-head.

The American actress and television presenter, best known for her role as Greenlee Smythe on the ABC soap opera All My Children, said she was surprised by the outcome.

'I'm shocked, really I am!,' she said. 'Bethenny and I were talking about it, really…I'm just shocked. I owe all of this to Fred, who is an unbelievable teacher.

%20Skating%20with%20ease:%20Rebecca%20and%20Freds%20winning%20performance

Skating with ease: Rebecca and Fred's winning performance

Competition:%20Rebecca%20beat%20her%20reality%20TV%20star%20rival%20Bethenny%20Frankel%20who%20was%20partnered%20with%20Ethan%20Burgess%20

Competition: Rebecca beat her reality TV star rival Bethenny Frankel who was partnered with Ethan Burgess

And%20the%20winner%20is:%20Rebecca%20celebrates%20as%20skating%20rival%20Bethenny%20is%20defiant%20in%20her%20defeat
And%20the%20winner%20is:%20Rebecca%20celebrates%20as%20skating%20rival%20Bethenny%20applauds%20her

And the winner is: Rebecca celebrates as skating rival Bethenny applauds her

'I've said it a hundred times…I owe it all to you.'

The win will come as no surprise to viewers who have witnessed Rebecca and Fred's skating perfection throughout the season.

They scored the season's only perfect 60—30 for technical, 30 for artistic impression on their final skate.

The scores for the finale were combined with last night's scores and home viewer votes.

A good sport, Rebecca's rival was humble about her loss and said she was happy for the fellow contestant.

'Rebecca totally deserves it, she should be a real ice skater,' she said.

Bethenny, who rose to fame on reality show The Real Housewives of New York, was considered the most well-known identity on the show.

Perfect%20Score:%20The%20winning%20couple%20got%20a%20perfect%20score%20in%20the%20technical%20category

Perfect Score: The winning couple got a perfect score in the technical category

And%20another:%20They%20also%20got%20perfect%20scores%20in%20the%20artistic%20category

And another: They were also awarded perfect scores in the artistic category

She described her experience during the six-week skating stint as challenging.

'I did take on too much, but when you do that you have to just push harder and go through it, and you will get what you want, you will get there in the end,' she said.

WInner Rebecca was clearly thrilled when she was awarded the Golden Skates.

The 37-year-old beat all of the original celebrities and their professional ice-skating partners to victory.

Blade Runner actress Sean Young, Motley Crue lead singer Vince Neil, comedian Brandon Mychal Smith were all eliminated up until tonight's finale.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/usshowbiz/article-1340693/And-winner-Rebecca-Budig--TV-star-crowned-queen-ice-Skating-Stars-Final.html#ixzz18q2JskJM
 Post Reply Post Reply