I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Skating With The Stars
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Skating with the Stars : Semi final shocker

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skating with the Stars : Semi final shocker
    Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 09:12

Skating Shocker! Judges' favourite Jonny Moseley sent home one day before Skating with the Stars finale

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 8:58 AM on 21st December 2010

It's the season's biggest shockers.

Olympic champion skier Jonny Moseley was eliminated on Skating with the Stars tonight, leaving actress Rebecca Budig and reality star Bethenny Frankel to compete in tomorrow's finals.

Unfortunately Moseley, 32, who had won the judges' voting the past two weeks, couldn't overcome fan favourites Budig, 37, and Frankel, 40 on the ABC series semi final.

So%20close:%20Jonny%20Moseley%20his%20partner%20Brooke%20Castile%20are%20eliminated%20just%20before%20the%20finale%20of%20Skating%20With%20the%20Stars,%20tonight%20in%20Los%20Angeles

So close: Jonny Moseley his partner Brooke Castile are eliminated just before the finale of Skating With the Stars, tonight in Los Angeles

Sad%20Goodbye:%20Moseley%20says%20goodbye%20to%20his%20partner%20Brooke%20Castile

Disappointed: Champion skier Jonny Moseley expresses his shock at being eliminated

'I guess I'm a little surprised', the gold medal winning skier said on the show.

'Brooke [Castile], that was an amazing experience and I appreciate how much effort you put in to making me a better skater. I enjoyed spending time with you and you're a great friend.'

Castile, Moseley's skating partner was equally disappointed: 'I think he did such a great job and he's what this competition is all about.  I am so proud of him. He has been the best person to teach!'

Moseley spent the season improving his skills, but he knew it would be difficult to get his fans to call in to vote each week.

Ladies%20in%20red:%20The%20remaining%20female%20stars%20red%20during%20the%20group%20skate%20in%20mark%20the%20upcoming%20Christmas%20holiday

Ladies in red: The remaining female stars dressed festively during the group skate-in to mark the holidays

Bethenny%20advances%20to%20the%20finals,%20even%20though%20the%20judges%20gave%20her%20a%20lower%20score%20than%20Jonny

Bethenny advances to the finals, even though the judges gave her a lower score than Jonny

'That's something I haven't been comfortable all season with', Mosely said. 'It's not something I'm used to. I really needed someone to manage that for me, to get everyone out to vote. But I really had a great time out here.'

The night began with a group skate and all the female skaters dressed in red to mark the Christmas holiday.

During the group dance, each couple had thirty seconds to shine, then the judges scored them, giving out the following scores -- Rebecca Budig and Fred Palascak received a nine, Johnny Moseley and Brooke Castile got an eight and Bethenny Frankel and Ethan Burges scored a seven.

Then the free skate began, during which the season's first perfect ten score was given to Rebecca Budig. 

Tomorrow night the winner of Skating with the Stars will be crowned.

Perfect!%20Rebecca%20Budig%20scores%20the%20seasons%20first%20perfect%20ten%20

Perfect skate! Rebecca received the season's first perfect ten score

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1340415/Skating-Shocker-Judges-favourite-Jonny-Moseley-sent-home-day-Skating-Stars-finale.html#ixzz18jg9HU2L
 Post Reply Post Reply