I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The Apprentice
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Chris: Baggs the brand not so bad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chris: Baggs the brand not so bad
    Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 10:43

Chris: Baggs the brand not so bad

By LUCY CONNOLLY

Published: Today

APPRENTICE runner-up Chris Bates has defended boardroom buffoon Stuart Baggs "The Brand" - insisting the cocky youngster is "misunderstood".

The investment banker, 24, said: "The Brand was good fun. He has actually got a hell of a lot to give.

"He definitely has charisma and he has something about him that nobody in the process has ever had before."

"Baggsy is a good guy - he is a bit misunderstood."

Blagger Stuart, 21, kept Brits gob-smacked throughout the series with declarations such as "Everything I touch turns to sold" and musings on his "extreme masculinity".

He achieved instant notoriety when he introduced himself on the first episode as "Stuart Baggs The Brand."

The telecoms whizkid eventually got the boot two weeks ago - with fed-up Lord Sugar telling him that he was "full of ****" But Chris told TV Biz: "Long after they have forgotten us lot they will still be talking about Stuart Baggs. He has done very, very well."

Surrey lad Chris - who claimed during the series that he is "revered as a theology scholar" - is also gracious about his defeat.

He says winner Stella English is "fantastic".

Chris added: "I don't look back at the process with any regrets. I tried my absolute hardest.

"I feel proud. The worst thing would to have not given my all and missed out. If you try your best you can't have regrets. Stella and I are two very different characters, there is no shame in coming second to somebody like her.

"I think she is fantastic."

Single Chris - bombarded by female fans since the show began - credits his family for helping him get to the final.

He said: "They are so proud of me and they have been really supportive."

"Everything I brought to the show was thanks to the fantastic family that I have.

"My parents both come from working-class backgrounds. My mum's dad was a train driver and my dad's dad worked on a sewage farm.

"My dad is an entrepreneur with his own business and they both worked very hard for themselves to give themselves a good life.

"That hard work ethic has been instilled in me."

Post Reply Post Reply