I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The Apprentice
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

You're fired: Last night's recap and pics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: You're fired: Last night's recap and pics
    Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 12:35

Fuming Lord Sugar sacks lying Stuart Baggs on The Apprentice as Joanna Riley and Jamie Lester follow in triple firing

By Emily Sheridan
Last updated at 10:18 AM on 16th December 2010

• Delighted Stella English and Chris Bates go through to Sunday's final
  • Baggs comes undone as contestants are subjected to tough interviews
  • Margaret Mountford returns to the show to help separate the 'wheat from the chaff'

Stuart Baggs was fired from The Apprentice last night in a dramatic boardroom showdown after being exposed as a liar. 

An angry Lord Sugar showed him the door, saying he was furious he had been taken in by the 21-year-old, who he put through to the semi-finals at the expense of last week's shock casualty Liz Locke.

Baggs, whose 'telecommunication firm' in the Isle Of Man was actually an ISP provider, was given the boot along with fellow candidates Joanna Riley and Jamie Lester in a triple firing.

The%20Apprentice
Baggs%20the%20blagger:%20Stuart%20Baggs,%2021,%20was%20the%20first%20to%20be%20fired%20by%20Lord%20Alan%20Sugar%20in%20The%20Apprentice%20semi-final

Baggs the blagger: Stuart Baggs, 21, was the first to be fired in The Apprentice semi-final last night after Lord Sugar told him he was 'full of s**t'

The%20Apprentice

Walk of shame: The budding entrepreneur makes his undignified exit

The trio's exit means Sunday's final will be the battle of the blondes as Stella English and Chris Bates fight it out for the chance of a six-figure salaried job with Lord Sugar.

Cleaning company owner Riley, property entrepreneur Lester and Baggs were fired after failing to impress during the interview round at the semi-final.

Baggs in particular came off worst and was subjected to a verbal mauling in the boardroom by an angry Lord Sugar.

Focus%20on%20growing%20your%20business:%20Cleaning%20company%20owner%20Joanna%20Riley%20was%20told%20to%20focus%20on%20her%20own%20business
Time%20to%20go:%20Jamie%20Lester%20was%20the%20third%20and%20final%20person%20to%20be%20fired%20in%20the%20triple%20sacking%20by%20Lord%20Sugar

Your number's up: Cleaning company owner Joanna Riley was told to focus on her own business while Jamie Lester was the third and final person to be fired in the triple 'sacking' by Lord Sugar

The%20Apprentice

You're through: Stella English and Chris Bates embrace outside the boardroom moments after being told they had made the final

Lord Sugar told him 'my advisers tell me you are full of s**t' after his description of himself as 'Stuart Baggs - The Brand' was dismissed by trouble-shooter Claude Littner.

Littner said: 'I'm Stuart Baggs The Brand: what on earth are you talking about? You're a 21-year-old kid. You're not a brand.'

When Baggs interjected: 'Well if you look at what a brand means,' a furious Littner fired back: 'Don't tell me what a brand means, OK. You're not a brand.'

Relief:%20Chris%20Bates%20progressed%20to%20the%20final%20after%20he%20was%20praised%20for%20his%20intelligence%20by%20the%20interview%20panel
Youre%20through:%20Stella%20English%20was%20the%20first%20candidate%20to%20find%20out%20she%20was%20in%20the%20final

Relief: Chris and Stella react in the boardroom after receiving the good news

The%20Apprentice

Decision time: Lord Sugar whittled down the five contestants to two with the help of his board - Karren Brady and Nick Hewer - and the interview panel

Corporate lawyer Alan Watts was equally unimpressed, telling Baggs during the interview: 'You're actually not a very nice person, are you? You appear to be prepared to do anything to further your career. You don't seem to have any ethics.'

But he was caught out over the description of his business by Bordan Tkachuk, the chief executive of computer firm Viglen.

Tkachuk said he had contacted the licensing and compliance officer for the Isle Of Man government over the exact nature of Baggs's company BlueWave Communications.

Moment%20of%20truth:%20Stuart,%20Stella%20and%20Jamie%20listen%20to%20Lord%20Sugar%20during%20the%20dramatic%20boardroom%20showdown

Moment of truth: Stuart, Stella and Jamie listen to Lord Sugar during the dramatic boardroom showdown

The%20truth%20comes%20out:%20Bordan%20Tkachuk,%20the%20chief%20executive%20of%20computer%20firm%20Viglen,%20questioned%20the%20exact%20nature%20of%20Baggs%20company

The truth comes out: Bordan Tkachuk, chief executive of computer firm Viglen, questioned the exact nature of Baggs's company

He told Baggs: 'He confirmed BlueWave only holds an ISP licence for broadband. Stuart, you’re blagging.

'BlueWave does not hold a licence for mobile or fixed communications...

'You're bright, you're on the money, but you're a little bit of a blagger.'

In the boardroom, Lord Sugar admitted he felt 'sick' that he was convinced by Bagg's blagging and saved him over Liz Locke - who was fired last week.

The%20Apprentice

Informal: Stuart got off to a bad start with Margaret Mountford when he addressed her by her first name

The%20Apprentice
The%20Apprentice

Hello Margaret: After his blunder he then addressed her again as Ms Mountford

He said: 'It's interesting that the regulator of the Isle Of Man telecoms doesn't know anything about you.

'My guy is not a mug, he knows people. The thing is, my four advisers looked at me and said that you're full of s*** basically and possibly you have been throughout the whole course of this process.

'What annoys me more is that if I’ve misunderstood you with your claims and everything else you said you’ve done, and someone like Liz left the process last week, I feel more sick.

'I don’t believe a word you say, Stuart. I’m annoyed with myself.'

Tough%20questioning:%20Claude%20Littner%20speaks%20to%20Joanna%20about%20her%20CV%20and%20her%20cleaning%20business

Tough questioning: Claude Littner speaks to Joanna about her CV and her cleaning business

Standing%20her%20ground:%20Stella%20managed%20to%20hold%20her%20own%20as%20she%20was%20subjected%20to%20his%20aggressive%20interview%20style

Standing her ground: Stella managed to hold her own as she was subjected to his aggressive interview style

Baggs was the first to be fired and believed he had been misrepresented: 'I'm feeling gutted naturally. I thought I was the perfect candidate for the job.

'The dramatic way in which I've been fired is completely unfair. I think everyone has a lack of understanding of what I'm really about.'

The board wasn't quite so cutting to Riley and Lester when letting them go.

The%20Apprentice

Tough time of it: Chris and Joanna looked to be feeling the strain as they waited between interviews

The%20Apprentice

Morning briefing: Lord Sugar and his assistants Karren and Nick talk to the contestants before the interviews

Lord Sugar questioned Lester's business acumen, suggesting he may have been an opportunist when he was selling properties in Cyprus.

He also noted several of the interviewers said he seemed to have 'a blame culture', blaming others for his own lack of success.

But Lord Sugar praised Riley for setting up her own cleaning company with no business knowledge and suggested she focus on growing it, rather than trying to move on from it so quickly.

The%20Apprentice

Up bright and early: Jamie prepares for his big day of interview by ironing his shirt

The%20Apprentice

Wake-up call: Stella wakes up the other contestants ahead of their day of grilling

The mother-of-two said: 'They didn't [criticise me] and that meant so much to me.'

On Sunday, English, 30, and Bates, 23, will be reunited with former candidates as they go head-to-head in the final.

Their task sees them developing a new alcoholic product and marketing it.

The Apprentice final is on BBC1 on Sunday, 19 December at 9pm.

The%20Apprentice

Taxi for Baggs! Stuart makes his way to his waiting cab after being unceremoniously fired

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1338977/The-Apprentice-Stuart-Baggs-Joanna-Riley-Jamie-Lester-fired.html#ixzz18HGkMCmi
Rubyx3 View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Rubyx3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 23:19
Stella to win!!
 Post Reply Post Reply