I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The Apprentice
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Liz;:How can Sugar fire me?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Liz;:How can Sugar fire me?
    Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 10:21

Liz: How can Sugar fire me?

By CARA LEE

Published: Today

APPRENTICE reject Liz Locke is still in shock at being fired instead of buffoon Stuart Baggs - and reckons the big-talker beat her by telling Lord Sugar "fairytales".

Tears%20...%20Liz%20Locke
Tears ... Liz Locke
The ex-favourite, 24, says the guru fell for "tweaked" stories spun by the super-confident brat in last night's boardroom.

Brummie Liz fumed to TV Biz: "I was shocked to get fired. It became a really strange boardroom where Stuart had a really elaborate way of schmoozing Lord Sugar. It was a surreal experience. I was annoyed - we didn't discuss much of the task."

Stuart - who introduced himself in the first episode announcing: "I'm Stuart Baggs the brand - everything I touch turns to sold" - had bombed in last night's challenge. He was project manager for his team's bid to flog London bus tours and led them to disaster by setting prices too high.

Youre%20fired%20...%20Lord%20Alan%20Sugar
You're fired ... Lord Alan Sugar
BBC/Talkback
Liz had outsold him on ticket sales by two to one on the task - as well as being a star in earlier challenges.

But she said all this counted for nothing once Stuart, 21, started crafting stories about his background that made him sound just like East End boy-made-good Sugar. Banker Liz, who welled up in tears after getting the shove said: "I think he saw himself in Stuart - that maybe Stuart was like him.

In%20the%20boardroom%20...%20Liz%20Locke%20didnt%20bank%20on%20getting%20fired%20before%20Stuart%20Baggs
In the boardroom ... Liz Locke didn't bank on getting fired before Stuart Baggs
"But maybe it was Stuart being incredibly clever - having done the research on Sugar's background and then tweaking it into what he'd done. It was bizarre. I could see Lord Sugar's eyes lighting up with affection towards Stuart. I sank in my seat thinking, 'Where do I go from here?'. I'm glad I can walk away with my head held high - I didn't tell any elaborate fairytales. I think Lord Sugar made a mistake in firing me."

The businesswoman - engaged to Preston North End and Republic of Ireland goalkeeper Wayne Henderson, 27 - now hopes to cash in on her time on the BBC1 hit.

Liz explained: "I want to use what I learnt in the process to help me get the job I'm looking for."

The Sun

Edited by Bren - 09 Dec 2010 at 10:28
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 13:09

As much as I can't stand people whinging on, she has a point.

Baggs bragged about being director of a company with a 3 million pound turnover.  If true, then what is he doing applying for a junior job with Amstrad?!

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 13:14
yeah he also said he funds everything himself yet there is an article on here that he still gets money every week off mummy anddaddy
!
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 13:55
Sugar is mad to of kept him, he is a bumbling idiot. I wold of fired him just for trying to instigate a fight with Chris. 
nobbyec View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap
Nobby No Mates

Quote nobbyec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 20:26
complete farce
plays with odd shaped balls
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 08:44
He won't win, I think Stella will now.
 Post Reply Post Reply