I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The X Factor 2013
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wagner Carrilho's benefit payout check

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wagner Carrilho's benefit payout check
    Posted: 06 Dec 2010 at 12:26
Wagner Carrilho's benefit payout check

By TOM NEWTON DUNN

Published: Today

WELFARE boss Iain Duncan Smith says X Factor weirdo Wagner must "explain himself" over his sick benefit payouts.

He cast more doubt over the loser's right to incapacity benefit after The Sun told how he was being probed by inspectors. The barking Brazilian, 54, took handouts for 18 months, claiming he was suffering from a frozen shoulder.

Iain%20Duncan%20Smith%20...%20must%20explain
Iain Duncan Smith ... 'explain'

IDS - the Work and Pensions Secretary - said: "One of the people on his case noticed he was leaping in the air with his arms above him when I am told that he had a frozen shoulder.

"Frozen shoulders tend to mean that you can't have your arm in the air - it's impossible. He will be asked to explain why he was on benefits in the first place."

IDS said Wagner's case was an example of how abuse of the £91.40-a-week benefit had mushroomed. He added: "It illustrates the biggest problem we have."

Critics say that up to 400,000 of the 3.2 million collecting the handout may not need it.

The Sun
 Post Reply Post Reply