I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The Apprentice
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'Apprentice' boys impress with haggling

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'Apprentice' boys impress with haggling
    Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 16:13

'Apprentice' boys impress with haggling

Wednesday, December 1 2010, 06:00 GMT
By Alex Fletcher, Reality TV Editor

The%20Apprentice%20Contestants%202010:%20Jamie%20Lester
BBC
Jamie Lester and the boys' team impress Karren Brady with their haggling skills on tonight's Apprentice.

Lord Sugar challenges the final seven candidates, who are split into teams of boys and girls, to a ten-hour London challenge, where they must purchase ten specific items for the minimum cost.

"Today, I want to see your skills in buying and negotiation. I'm giving you a list of ten items. You've got to go out and buy at the lowest price possible," says Sugar. "The team that spends the least will win and the team that spends more - one of you will be fired."

Liz Locke leads the girls' team and they make a promising start as they strategically track down suppliers for the numerous unusual items.

However, it is the boys - Stuart Baggs, Chris Bates and Lester - who catch Sugar's aide's eyes as they manage to land great deals for a number of their items.

Speaking about project manager Lester, Brady says: "Jamie's shown that he's got two key talents which are good for negotiating - one, never take no for an answer, and two, persistence and determination alone get you the price you want."

Meanwhile, Bates and Baggs manage to outdo the girls when they get some Alba white truffle for only £100, compared to Stella English and Laura Moore's £200.

The Apprentice airs tonight at 9pm on BBC One.
 Post Reply Post Reply