I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Skating With The Stars
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Skating with the stars Week 2 recap and pictures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skating with the stars Week 2 recap and pictures
    Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 11:00

Skating With The Stars: Blade Runner's Sean Young crashes out of competition after TWO dramatic falls on the ice

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 10:21 AM on 30th November 2010

• Motley Crue singer Vince Neil also tumbles after dropping his partner
  • Host Vernon Kay slips up as he calls professional skater by wrong name

Blade Runner star Sean Young was voted off Skating With The Stars tonight after two dramatic falls.

The 51-year-old twice hit the ice while performing her Swing routine to Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy with partner Denis Petukhov.

The actress, who starred alongside Harrison Ford in the Eighties classic sci-fi film, was gracious in defeat.

'I thank Denis for being the best trainer and giving me the greatest experience in my life,' she said after her elimination.

Crashing%20out:%20Sean%20Young%20was%20eliminated%20from%20Skating%20With%20The%20Stars%20after%20struggling%20through%20her%20routine

Crashing out: Sean Young was eliminated from Skating With The Stars after struggling through her routine

Going,%20going,%20gone:%20The%20Blade%20Runner%20star%20lost%20her%20balance%20on%20two%20separate%20occasions%20
Going,%20going,%20gone:%20The%20Blade%20Runner%20star%20lost%20her%20balance%20on%20two%20separate%20occasions%20

Going, going, gone: The Blade Runner star lost her balance on two separate occasions

Ouch!:%20Sean%20hit%20the%20ice%20hard,%20but%20managed%20to%20get%20back%20up%20to%20complete%20her%20routine

Ouch!: Sean hit the ice hard, but managed to get back up to complete her routine

She described it as an 'experience I'll never be able to have again'. She added: 'I've enjoyed it a lot'.

Gracious%20in%20defeat:%20Sean%20thanked%20her%20partner%20Denis%20Petukhov%20for%20the%20greatest%20experience

Gracious in defeat: Sean thanked her partner Denis Petukhov for the 'greatest experience'

The trained dancer, who studied at the School of American Ballet in New York, had earlier received 30/60 for her performance. Combined with last week's score, she received a grand total of 64/120.

Each contestant is marked out of ten by the judges - choreographer Laurie Ann Gibson and Olympic figure skaters Johnny Weir and Dick Button - for both their technical merit and artistic impression.

Their scores from last week's debut show carried over, and were tallied up with along with the viewer votes.

Sean wasn't the only one to fall from grace in spectacular fashion.

Motley Crue's Vince Neil also came crashing down to earth, taking his dance partner Jennifer Wester with him.

Before his performance he admitted he was 'pretty worried' about performing a lift with his professional partner.

And he had good reason to be concerned - he dropped his dance partner in the middle of their tango.

Highs%20and%20lows:%20Motley%20Crues%20Vince%20Neil%20fell%20over%20while%20lifting%20up%20his%20skating%20partner%20Jennifer%20Wester%20
Highs%20and%20lows:%20Motley%20Crues%20Vince%20Neil%20fell%20over%20while%20lifting%20up%20his%20skating%20partner%20Jennifer%20Wester%20

Highs and lows: Motley Crue's Vince Neil fell over while lifting up his skating partner Jennifer Wester

Vince was lifting Jennifer when he lost his footing and dropped to one knee and slid on the ice to the edge of the rink.

But Dick was encouraging, saying: 'Don't worry about making mistakes. I enjoy your personality on the ice. I'm having a great time watching you.

Laurie Ann added: 'When you came out you were absolutely tango. There where some parts where I caught my breathe when I watched you. Technically I understand, that ice is not nice. But just for the artistic side, amazing!'

He received a total of 30/60 and his overall total of 58/120 left him at the bottom of the leader board.

Embarrassing%20slip-up:%20Host%20Vernon%20Kay%20managed%20to%20flub%20his%20lines%20when%20talking%20about%20Wester%20-%20calling%20her%20Brooke%20instead%20of%20Jennifer%20before%20correcting%20himself

Embarrassing slip-up: Host Vernon Kay managed to flub his lines when talking about Wester - calling her 'Brooke' instead of Jennifer before correcting himself

But all the falls weren't the most embarrassing moment of the show.

That honour went to British host Vernon Kay who managed to flub his lines when talking about Wester - calling her 'Brooke' instead of Jennifer before correcting himself.

Kay, 35, who is married to Strictly Come Dancing host Tess Daly, is reportedly set to net £300,000 from his stint on the show, which is based on the British series Dancing On Ice.

All My Children star Rebecca Budig and partner Fred Palascak topped the leader board after receiving 44/60. Once the mark was combined with last week's score, she received a total of 89/120.

Laurie Ann was delighted with the routine, branding it 'hot' and 'intense'.

'Your musicality was great,' she added. 'I gotta tell you, we have a competition!'

Top%20marks:%20All%20My%20Children%20star%20Rebecca%20Budig%20and%20partner%20Fred%20Palascak%20topped%20the%20leader%20board

Top marks: All My Children star Rebecca Budig and partner Fred Palascak topped the leader board

But the other judges wanted her to put more fire into her routines.

Johnny said: 'Lifts where amazing, you did the steps. But I felt you had a bored expression on your face. I wanted sex kitten.

'You are one of the best skaters in the competition, but act!' he said.

Dick agreed, saying: 'You followed all the rules, but sometimes rules were made to be broken. I wanted more passion, more intensity. Seduce me!'  

Sonny With a Chance star Brandon Mychal Smith's and dance partner Keauna McLaughlin delivered a strong performance.

Strong%20performance:%20Sonny%20With%20a%20Chance%20star%20Brandon%20Mychal%20Smith%20impressed%20the%20judges

Strong performance: Sonny With a Chance star Brandon Mychal Smith impressed the judges

Their Latin inspired routine managed the top score of the night with 49/60. It gave them an overall score of 85/120.

Johnny gushed: 'Yes! That was amazing, ferocious, passionate, sexy! that was everything I want to see in a performance. My head is going to blow off!'

Dick branded it 'spectacular' but did criticise the star for 'hovering' over his partner and advised him to watch his posture.

Laurie Ann said it was 'really well executed' and praises the connection between the pair.

Reality TV star and new mother Bethenny Frankel's performance with Ethan Burgess received a lukewarm response from the judges.

A%20little%20stiff:%20Bethenny%20Frankels%20performance%20with%20Ethan%20Burgess%20received%20a%20lukewarm%20response%20from%20the%20judges

'A little stiff': Bethenny Frankel's performance with Ethan Burgess received a lukewarm response from the judges

Laurie Ann felt the performance was 'stiff', adding: 'It felt like you where thinking about everything. Just dance a little more.'

Jonny said he wanted to see 'more character' in her routines.

'I want to see more jive, more sweet, more swing, more sass. Not just a smile!'

Dick urged her to 'bend the knees" but praised her for being a 'tough cookie' and a 'fighter'.

Despite the criticism, Bethenny said: 'I just had the best time of my life. I don't care if they give me zeros.'

Tickled%20pink:%20Olympic%20gold%20medal%20skier%20Jonny%20Moseley%20and%20partner%20Brooke%20Castile%20wowed%20the%20panel%20with%20their%20high-energy%20performance

Tickled pink: Olympic gold medal skier Jonny Moseley and partner Brooke Castile wowed the panel with their high-energy performance

FINAL LEADER BOARD 

Rebecca and Fred: 89/120

Brandon and Keauna: 85/120

Jonny and Brooke: 84/120

Sean and Dennis: 64/120

Bethenny and Ethan: 62/120

Vince and Jennifer: 58/120

But she did a little than that, scoring 33/60 and a grand total of 62/120.

Olympic gold medal skier Jonny Moseley and partner Brooke Castile were the first to take to the ice.

His moves impressed judge Laurie Ann, but she encouraged him to 'keep the music.'

'Don't let me down' she said. 'Keep the funk in your trunk!'

Dick was impressed by how the pair worked together, adding: 'It was jumping and jiving and I liked it very much.'

Johnny Weir said: 'I was blown away. In just one week, where you've gotten to... it's incredible.'

The pair scored a total score of 44/60 and their overall score came in at 84/120.

Skating With The Stars continues next Monday on ABC.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1334308/Skating-Stars-2010-Sean-Young-crashes-competition.html#ixzz16lJWnKFG
 Post Reply Post Reply