I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The X Factor 2013
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

63% do NOT want Wagner to win

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 63% do NOT want Wagner to win
    Posted: 27 Nov 2010 at 11:11

Wagner X factor plot uncovered

By LUCY CONNOLLY and KATE JACKSON

Published: Today

THE full extent of the "sabotage" campaign to get tuneless Wagner Carrilho to win this year's X Factor is today laid bare by a Sun poll.

While he keeps receiving huge backing in phone votes for the show, our survey reveals 63 per cent of viewers want him OUT.

Just five per cent think the bearded, long-haired oddball will win - and a piffling one per cent reckon he can go on to have a successful career.

Poll%20...%20click%20image%20to%20see%20full%20results
Enlarge
Poll ... click image to see full results
spacer

The results prove the big reason the Brazilian is still in the contest is because of a plan to undermine the show and embarrass its boss Simon Cowell.

Last year thousands of internet plotters bought Rage Against The Machine's anarchist anthem Killing In The Name simply to stop X Factor winner Joe McElderry being the Christmas No 1.

Favourite%20...%20Sun%20poll%20puts%20Matt%20Cardle%20in%20front
Favourite ... Sun poll puts Matt Cardle in front
Now a similar backlash has seen 50,000 join a Facebook group wanting 54-year-old Wagner to win the £1million record deal prize.

They believe it would destroy the X Factor's credibility and leave hit-maker Cowell with a mountain to climb.

Some of the show-bashers vote for Wagner up to 100 times each in phone polls - leaving real fans feeling bemused and powerless.

A source said: "Everyone knows it would be a disaster if Wagner was to win. More importantly in Simon's mind it would rob a genuine talent of winning."

Yesterday we told how rival singer Matt Cardle, 27, had moaned: "I have a really terrible feeling that bloody Wagner is going to win now. It is a joke."

To%20go%20...%20Wagner%20Carrilho%20is%20most%20unpopular
To go ... Wagner Carrilho is most unpopular
Last night Amanda Holden - a judge with Cowell on Britain's Got Talent - said: "I would love to see Simon's face if Wagner won!

"Simon would smile but then bang his head against a wall backstage."

Amanda, 42, joked it might even be enough to make Cowell move to the US permanently.

Meanwhile it emerged bookies Betfair had offered Wagner £50,000 to go on the show wearing a gold medallion inscribed 10-1 - the odds they are giving on him winning. He started as a 500-1 outsider.

Betfair's Alex Bake said: "There is now a very real chance that Wagner could land that life-changing contract. But we're not convinced that he has a future in the music industry and would encourage him to take the money and run."

In a further blow to the X Factor, 44 per cent of fans told our YouGov poll that the series was not as good as in other years - with just 14 per cent thinking it was better.

Some 40 per believed Matt would win - with One Direction second on 23 per cent and Rebecca Ferguson, 24, third on 16 per cent. Boyband One Direction were voted the act most likely to be a hit after the show ends.

• X FACTOR judge Louis Walsh has blasted boss Cowell for shunting him and Dannii Minogue on to the sidelines. Louis, 58, whined: "It's turning into the Simon Cowell show featuring Cheryl Cole.

"Dannii and I are like the backing singers. We're on the big stage but we don't get much to do. They hog the whole camera, those two.

"While Dannii and me are working hard, they're in hair and make-up or in their Rolls-Royces. They're like two Shirley Basseys!"

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/3248765/Wagner-X-Factor-plot-uncovered.html#ixzz16TpYpTO1
    Bren View Drop Down
    Vintage Vamp
    Vintage Vamp
    Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2010 at 11:12
    let's hope sense prevails
    killersbee View Drop Down
    Royal Blue
    Royal Blue

Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2010 at 13:13
    This week must be where common sense WILL prevail over everything the public do
    Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
    Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
    deborah31 View Drop Down
    Nymphomaniac
    Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2010 at 13:55
    quote Amanda
    lets hope Wagner wins, and Simon moves to the US!!!
    He might even marry his fiance then!LOLLOL
    Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
    Rubyx3 View Drop Down
    Virgin
    Virgin

Quote Rubyx3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2010 at 23:16
    I think Wagner was much better tonight.
     Post Reply Post Reply