I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The X Factor 2013
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BeTreyal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BeTreyal
    Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 10:33
BeTreyal

By JEN BLACKBURN

Published: Today

CHERYL Cole condemned Treyc Cohen to X Factor failure last night by refusing to choose between her and drama queen Katie Waissel.

Simon Cowell and Louis Walsh voted to save Katie after she had a meltdown and screamed "sod it" during her sing-off performance.

The%20legs%20factor%20...%20sexy%20Kylie%20Minogue
The legs factor ... sexy Kylie Minogue
Ken McKay 2010
Simon admitted Treyc was the better singer but claimed Katie was "more interesting".

Cheryl, who earlier had a champagne get-together with her acts, dodged the vote when Treyc and Katie were bottom of the viewers' poll.

When asked by host Dermot O'Leary, she could not bring herself to choose between them.

The other judges then axed Treyc.

If Cheryl had picked one and the judges were tied 2-2, the decision would have been determined by the total public vote for each girl.

An X Factor spokesman said: "Dermot was very clear. He asked Cheryl if she was refusing to vote.

"He told her if she refused it would simply be based on the majority. Those are the rules."

Grim-faced%20...%20host%20Dermot%20OLeary%20and%20ousted%20Treyc%20Cohen
Grim-faced ... host Dermot O'Leary and ousted Treyc Cohen
Ken McKay 2010

Furious fans last night accused Cheryl, 27, of betrayal.

Jeanette Kenway, 55, from Southampton, fumed: "Cheryl has betrayed Treyc and I think she has betrayed the public. She shouldn't be allowed to vote at all."

Meltdown%20...%20Katie%20Waissel%20flunks%20song%20-%20again%20-%20but%20is%20saved
Meltdown ... Katie Waissel flunks song - again - but is saved
Ken McKay
The drama came after Cheryl had vowed to back her girls during the champagne session in her dressing room before Saturday's show.

Over a bottle of bubbly she promised Treyc, 28, Katie, 24, Cher Lloyd, 17, and Rebecca Ferguson, 23, she would fight for them if they stopped bickering.

Out%20...%20Treyc%20Cohen,%20with%20Cheryl%20Cole
Out ... Treyc Cohen, with Cheryl Cole
Ken McKay
Last night Treyc refused to criticise Katie.

She said: "I don't think Katie should have gone instead of me. It's up to the judges."

But emails flooded into The Sun slamming the show as a "farce" and a "fix".

Reader Paul Butterfill raged: "It's the FiX Factor."

Thomas Lloyd added: "How can the blubbering, moaning, sob story Katie get through over Treyc? Cheryl is an absolute joke."

Last week Cheryl was slammed for leaving her acts for two days as she went to LA to make a record deal.

She returned on Friday to find the girls had moaned to crew that she had abandoned them.

Kylie Minogue - whose sister Dannii was the only judge to back Treyc - sang on last night's show.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/3216486/Fans-rage-as-Treyc-Cohen-is-given-the-boot-from-the-X-Factor.html#ixzz14gZR6dQe
 Post Reply Post Reply