I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The X Factor 2013
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A Kate escape for Waissel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Kate escape for Waissel
    Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 11:14

A Kate escape for Waissel

By LEIGH HOLMWOOD Deputy TV editor

Published: Today

TEARFUL Katie Waissell last night escaped The X Factor chop after a sing-off with girl band Belle Amie.

The singer, 24, found herself in the bottom two for the SECOND time.

Axed%20...%20Belle%20Amie%20with%20mentor%20Simon%20Cowell
Axed ... Belle Amie with mentor Simon Cowell
Ken McKay

She was saved after Louis Walsh sent the show to its first deadlock of the series - and Belle Amie were axed with the lowest public vote.

Katie started crying as she performed Etta James' Trust In Me in the sing-off and totally broke down when told she was safe.

Give%20us%20a%20Cardle%20...%20Dannii%20Minogue%20celebrates%20as%20Matt%20survives%20again
Give us a Cardle ... Dannii Minogue celebrates as Matt survives again
Ken McKay

The dramatic scenes came after pop superstar Rihanna sang her new single Only Girl (In The World) on the show.

But some viewers weren't happy Katie had survived.

Chain%20reaction%20...%20Wagner%20Carillho%20is%20thrilled%20as%20he%20goes%20through
Chain reaction ... Wagner Carillho is thrilled as he goes through
Ken McKay

On Twitter, DitzyChelsea said: "Katie is such a fake."

Jimsyjampots said: "Half the population seem to hate Katie." WadeFletcher added: "Still hate her but she will go next week anyway!"

Speaking on ITV2's The Xtra Factor, Katie said she felt "emotional" about being saved by the public.

She said: "The girls were amazing. I feel lucky. Honestly, I'm not surprised I was there."

She added: "I'm a serious artist and I want to sing. Hopefully it won't happen again for a while.

Joy%20band%20...%20One%20Direction%20roar%20as%20they%20hear%20their%20result
Joy band ... One Direction roar as they hear their result
ITV
"I'm just going to continue what I'm doing and hopefully people will like that."

In the judges' voting, Simon Cowell chose his act Belle Amie while Cheryl Cole went for her singer Katie.

After Dannii Minogue chose to axe Belle Amie, Louis sent the vote to deadlock by choosing to get rid of Katie.

The star - who sang in bare feet - seemed shocked when Louis voted for her.

An insider said: "Katie looked like she was expecting Louis to send home Belle Amie."

Belle Amie, who sang Kelly Clarkson's Breakaway, were the sixth act to get the boot.

Their elimination leaves Cowell with just one act left - One Direction. He told host Dermot O'Leary: "Belle Amie have been a pleasure to work with. I do not think it is the end - they are survivors."

Flower%20power%20...%20Rihanna%20looks%20red%20hot%20in%20a%20revealing%20peach%20dress
Flower power ... Rihanna looks red hot in a revealing peach dress
Ken McKay
The four girls - Esther Campbell, Sophia Wardman, Geneva Lane and Rebecca Creighton - entered X Factor as solo artists but were given a second chance in Bootcamp when they were lumped together as a group.

Before last night's dramatic sing-off, the bickering X Factor judges were ordered by producers to stop fighting and focus on their acts.

Bosses stepped in after viewers complained the rows were dominating the show.

On Saturday there was a bust-up between Cowell and Cheryl after he accused her of not doing her best for her singer Treyc Cohen.

An insider said: "The producers were getting worried that the warring judges are overshadowing what is a really good line-up."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/3205464/A-Kate-escape-for-Waissel.html#ixzz141ojxVMe
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 11:44
Originally posted by KatieWeasel

She added: "I'm a serious artist

No, you're a seriously fake, pushy, fame-hungry, pain in the arse.

"I'm just going to continue what I'm doing and hopefully people will like that."

Bottom two twice now and the majority of people can't stand you. TAKE THE HINT.

Edited by James - 01 Nov 2010 at 11:45
 Post Reply Post Reply