I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017 > Aida's World Famous SCD Blog
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Halloween Highlights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Aida View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Aida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Halloween Highlights
    Posted: 31 Oct 2010 at 00:33
Well, here we go with the first whistle-stop ‘impression’ of the show - and it’s already better because I’m not sat at the computer but am back on the sofa in front of the ‘big’ telly - Orlando the senior Siamese on lap, Leo the redpoint snoring sterterously on his cushion beside me, notebook to hand, second G&T beside notebook on my occasional table flanked by two freshly-sharpened pencils and my smoking accoutrements.

To my right, the hubba is snoring softly in his armchair, guarded by his familiar, Lola, the world’s most hostile Siamese queen. He’s gathering strength in preparation for his shouting-match with the bloke from the Chinese because he claims to be ‘absolutely exhausted’ by his day of flea-marketing, sweeping up fallen leaves and reconstructing the cat-door which Solomon the Black Oriental smashed to bits in his determination to escape from the house yesterday.

Right, SCD - I’m ready - do your worst!

And we’re off, and we instantly have the first dis-as-ter of the evening as my shrill and piercing cry of joy at the sight of my beloved Il Divino striking a pose and looking scorching causes the hubba to wake with a start, launch Lola into orbit and kick over his occasional table, showering Solomon, who was lurking beneath it, industriously shredding up what remains of the foam brick, with salted peanuts, olives and gin and tonic.

By the time he’s blinked himself awake and demanded to know what the f*ck I’m screaming about, only the two shaven-headed munters are on the screen and I merely hold up an imperative hand by way of reply in case I miss a single second of the divine Matthew, ignoring the hubba as he trudges off to the kitchen to get a cloth, sighing theatrically and muttering, “Here we go again! Your obsession with this bliddy programme has taken years off my life!”

All too soon, the divine one is gone and the pantomime begins - you know my heart’s not really in this so the blighters are getting one line (maybe two) each - although I have to acknowledge that it was good to see old Methuselah getting into the spirit of things by coming as Vincent Price with Tactless by his side emulating Kim Basinger when she played a corpse in that old Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers video.

First up - and hottest contenders for my ’Most Ridiculous Get-up of the Night’ award are Pammie and the ex-Werewolf. A lot of over-acted kicking, wild lepping around and gurning - the best part was the look on her face when they didn’t get fantastic marks!

Tiny NoBrain and The Geek - CRH was right - Grease revisited - she’s like a dancing jelly-baby.

The Eastender and The Russian - have to grudgingly admit they were good - the music helped a lot. They’re not exactly swamped with personality when they’re not dancing, are they?

The Serial Bride and Viktor Krum - I hate the jive, but the joodges seemed to like it - she just looked the same as ever and he has a natural advantage in looking scary.
Vinthent and Flith - hate to agree with Pop Goodman but they thould have thtarted on the floor - nithe while it lathted.

Jimmy Mystery and Fast Flav - what was that supposed to be? Those contact lenses seemed to be blinding him - I wish I’d had a pair.

At this point, the Chinese meal, which was ordered 15 minutes ago and was supposed to be delivered in a hour, turned up - cue a general rush of hubba and cats to kitchen to dish it up, my first pencil point breaking and the discovery that, while I’d been writing, Orlando had been chewing up my second pencil.
In the frantic search for a new writing implement and the ongoing battle with cats to actually snatch a bite or two of supper, I might have got the order of play mixed up, or even missed somebody out. Sorry.

Welsh Gav and the Kanadian Kat - Gav doing a good impression of a muscular zombie (as usual) and tearing the clothes off the Kat to try to add a bit of drama.

The Destiny’s Child and Brenda(n) He looked good as Riff-Raff - what was she got up as? The Time-Warp was the best bit.

Hot Scott and Tina Sparkle - Just. Bliddy.Gorgeous. The dance, the 'story', her choreography and him.

Old Mother Riley and The Berk. Anton demonstrates how, if you can’t afford an electric mop, you can polish the floor with your granny! Indescribable!

Farmer Matt and The Red Peril. He’s excruciatingly ‘wholesome’ isn’t he? Lots of circus lifts, no Argentine Tango that I could see.

I seem to have missed one or two ‘cupples’ out - I haven’t a clue who they were, so they mustn’t have made much impression on me! Sorry - it‘s the shouting bloke from the Chinese‘s fault!

Overall impression: Brucie needs sectioning - Tactless is either drunk or trying out a new personality - Bruno is crackers - Alesha seems to have cast caution to the winds and is saying whatever she likes - Goodman looked as if he was suffering from chronic indigestion whenever CRH spoke - CRH is the only one worth a light!

Good night and God Bless!

PS: If it’s to be a ‘Guy Fawkes’ theme next week, do you think it’s worth hoping they might chuck Pop Forsyth on a bonfire?

Cats were once worshipped as gods in Ancient Egypt. They've never forgotten this.

Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2010 at 01:16
Anton demonstrates how, if you can’t afford an electric mop, you can polish the floor with your granny! Indescribable!

just spluttered cocoa over my lappie another great round up Aida
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2010 at 06:00
haha - Ann and Anton :)
anniemay View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote anniemay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2010 at 08:36
What a great start to the day, reading Aida`s blog. Could Scott be your new beloved for this series?

Edited by anniemay - 31 Oct 2010 at 08:46
Aida View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Aida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2010 at 09:29
Originally posted by anniemay

What a great start to the day, reading Aida`s blog. Could Scott be your new beloved for this series?

Oh yes - Scott's my second ever male Beloved Contestant - the first was Colin Jackson. He - Scott - seems to have natural aptitude, but credit has to be given to Natalie for her excellent teaching and choreography!

I don't know if he's actually 'leading' their dances (the expert girls will be able to tell me) but the masterful way he swept her into his arms to begin the waltz last night made me feel quite weak at the knees!

Now I'm worried that the Curse of Aida will fall on him!

Cats were once worshipped as gods in Ancient Egypt. They've never forgotten this.

Tups View Drop Down
Swallows
Swallows
The Queen Of Tarts

Quote Tups Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2010 at 14:45
what a lovely surprise to find there was an Aida blog today Big%20smile
spot on Aida.. I thought of you immediately when I saw Matthew.. think I commented that I hoped you were watching.. to me the pro dance was the best part of Strictly last night.. followed by Scott's waltz.. and MY beloved .. who only has to show his face to get a 10 from me!.. as for the other 2.. words fail me.. how demeaning to allow yourself to be used as a duster to clean the floor.. have the BBC cuts started to bite already?????
Stanmorewitch View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Stanmorewitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2010 at 16:09
LOL Hooray, Aida is still with us. Loved the blog Aida, keep em coming. Loved Matt and Scott, not fussed on the rest.

The Beeb did do a good job with all the Halloween stuff--set deco, lighting, make up costumes etc,
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 12:10
Loving the blog Aida, it's the best bit of my week Big%20smile
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
 Post Reply Post Reply