I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The Apprentice
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Joy: I was appressed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Joy: I was appressed
    Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 11:07

Joy: I was appressed

By JEN BLACKBURN

Published: Today

APPRENTICE reject Joy Stefanicki has accused Lord Sugar of firing her because he believed her "aggressive" rival Joanna Riley made better television.

The tycoon last night axed Joy instead of "useless" project manager Laura Moore, 22, and gobby Joanna.

He claimed Birmingham lass Joy, 31, had not pulled her weight in the disastrous beach gear task which saw no sales made for the first time.

Youre%20fired%20...%20Joy%20with%20Melissa%20and%20Paloma%20in%20boardroom
You're fired ... Joy with Melissa and Paloma in boardroom

But jobless marketing and PR director Joy believes Lord Sugar and her rivals did the dirty on her. She told TV Biz: "I was stabbed in the back in the boardroom. I was pleased he told Joanna she was aggressive but his actions didn't match his words.

"If he could see the truth about her she should have gone. The whole thing was a ridiculous circus and I hope people see that. Joanna didn't get fired because Lord Sugar knows that's what makes good telly. And maybe she reminded him of him. He's known for shouting over people too."

Joy added that she wasn't surprised to discover last week that Joanna had been convicted of racially abusing three taxi drivers.

But she believes being on the show could help her control her temper.

Joy said: "She's aggressive but you could see her learn from it. There's a journey for her to go on."

Shock%20...%20Joy%20hears%20dreaded%20words
Shock ... Joy hears dreaded words

She also angrily denied she didn't contribute to her team. As he gave Joy her marching orders, Lord Sugar said: "There are people who think they can just step back, not say anything and not do anything.

"They think if they don't put their head on the block they'll escape. They don't escape. I haven't seen anything from you and neither have my colleagues. Joy - you're fired!"

But Joy hit back: "I did participate, but it probably didn't make good TV. I wasn't prepared to do it in a way that discredited myself."

She added: "When you go on a show like this you have to be aware of what you are doing. I would have been naive if I didn't realise it was a mix of entertainment and business."

But Joy had the last laugh as she poked fun at Lord Sugar's height. She laughed: "He was a lot smaller than I thought he would be."

However, she admitted the 63-year-old's presence terrified her.

She said: "I didn't expect to be as intimidated as I was. When he pointed his finger at me it was like it went through my whole body."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/3179343/Joy-Stefanicki-I-was-Appressed.html#ixzz12KIOfIGf
 Post Reply Post Reply