I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The X Factor 2013
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cher's 'bully' shame

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cher's 'bully' shame
    Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 11:14

Cher's 'bully' shame

By ANDREW PARKER, DAN SALES and RICHARD WHITE

Published: Today

A TORMENTED teenager told last night how X Factor's Cher Lloyd "made my life a misery for two years".

Ophelia Blakeway, 17, said the starlet bullied her remorselessly when they were school pupils.

Depression%20...%20Ophelia
Depression ... Ophelia
SWNS

She added: "I want people to hear the truth about what Cher was like.

"Everyone is making her sound like an angel but she caused me a lot of pain.

"I've had problems ever since. I'm still trying to get over depression. I had counselling, I cried, I was self-harming. It's not nice because I have the scars."

Stick-thin Cher, also 17, has cut a fragile figure on the TV talent show.

But Ophelia told how the wannabe singer constantly picked on her when they were both pupils at Dyson Perrins High School, Worcs, between 2006 and 2008.

She accused Cher of "verbal torture", saying she kept calling her bitch, slag and d***head.

Picked%20on%20...%20younger%20Ophelia
Picked on ... younger Ophelia
SWNS

And she also told how Cher, who comes from Romany stock, cruelly homed in on her personal heartache.

Ophelia, an accounting student and part-time receptionist, said: "My mum left me when I was three.

"It was always a weak point and she said I must have been a disappointment to my mum.

"She would say, 'She's abandoned you' and 'Who would want to raise a girl like you?' It would be in front of my friends and hers."

Ophelia, of Malvern, Worcs, said her most frightening confrontation with Cher came while they were in a changing room for a PE lesson. She added:

Open%20quoteCher and all her mates were up for a fight - she has been in a lot of fights. They kept looking over and laughing. She had control over them. They were scared of her.

A lot of people at Dysons were scared of her. She walked over and ripped at my hair - grabbed hold of it because I had a bun. I was so shocked.

She yanked it so my head went down as if it was a warning to say she had power. I backed off and she called me a waste of space.

She looked me up and down, with a threatening stare.

She told me if I ever looked at her or told anyone, she would hit me.

I said I wouldn't be in her way any more. After that I missed all the lessons I had with her. It got me behind at school and I had to catch up when I got to my GCSEs.Close%20quote

Ophelia said she told her dad and teachers about the bullying.

But Cher was careful not to be caught red-handed. And without proof, nothing could be done.

Ophelia added: "What people are saying about her being fragile is nonsense. She's stubborn and strong."

Cher has revealed she was once suspended from school for a "cat fight" - but not one involving Ophelia.

She said in an interview: "There have been times when maybe I haven't behaved as well as I should have done. I've made mistakes but everyone deserves a second chance."

As the bullying row broke, X Factor judge Cheryl Cole broke cover for the first time since receiving death threats over her support for Cher and Katie Waissel - at the expense of Gamu Nhengu.

She wore sunglasses and a hat as she arrived at London's Wembley Arena studios to help Cher and Katie, 24, prepare their acts.

A source said Cheryl has been "absolutely horrified" at the level of public anger over her decision.

And Simon Cowell has agreed to let her address viewers about the storm on Saturday night's show to "clear the air".

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/3170788/Teen-Ophelia-Blakeway-says-X-Factors-Cher-Lloyd-made-my-life-misery-for-two-years.html#ixzz11lF9Zlbn

Edited by Bren - 08 Oct 2010 at 11:15
 Post Reply Post Reply