I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The Apprentice
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Metro's review of last night's Apprentice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Metro's review of last night's Apprentice
    Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 14:41

The Apprentice: Dan Harris was clearly a goner in the boardroom

TV review: The Apprentice returned for another series, but it was more X Factor than what we're usually used to seeing from Lord Sugar.

You get used to X Factor hopefuls being outed as prostitutes/drugs mules/transgender shoplifters when they ill-advisedly thrust themselves into the public eye but you expect better of The Apprentice (BBC1). Given the revelations that have greeted the latest series of trial by Sugar, though, I can’t have been the only one expecting his lordship to sub his trademark ‘you’re fired’ with ‘you’re nicked’.

The fact that we know assorted contenders have had run-ins with the law/medical authorities certainly added a frisson to last night’s sausage-based entertainment. The big surprise was ex-Royal Marine turned mortgage broker turned alleged fraudster Christopher Farrell, who kept a low profile during the first challenge. It was classic slip-under-the-radar strategy, which under normal rules would mark him out as a contender.

That’s the fun of the first episode, spotting the cunning coves who are ducking and diving out of the spotlight and playing the long game, not bigging themselves up with stick-in-your-throat soundbites such as ‘everything I touch turns to sold’. That was Stuart ‘The Brand’ Baggs, the biggest mouth on the block, who did sterling battle with Melissa ‘The Haircut’ Cohen for the hotly contested Most Annoying First Episode Contestant badge. Baggs ultimately bagged it thanks to his chirpy sign-off to potential customers: ‘If you have any problems, feel free to keep them to yourself.’

Mass prison sentences notwithstanding, it’s shaping up to be well worth the wait caused by the pesky general election. The fabulously named Paloma Vivanco losing control of her sausage machine was comedy chipolatas, there was an Apprentice first – contestants who could actually do sums – and the sight of a wannabe top dog reduced to puppydom by one Sugar line. Project manager Dan was making himself a little too at home in the boardroom. ‘If you don’t mind, Dan, sit up in a conventional way,’ withered Sugar. He was a goner from that moment. As for a winner? Stella or Jamie – but that’s said without much conviction.

Source - The Metro 
 Post Reply Post Reply