I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The Apprentice
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lord Sugar not watching Apprentice opener

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lord Sugar not watching Apprentice opener
    Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 10:31

Sir (it's 'Lord' actually, idiot Daily Mail) Alan Sugar books Spurs for Wednesday night, not The Apprentice

Dedicated:%20Sir%20Alan%20Sugar%20will%20be%20watching%20Tottenham%20Hotspur%20and%20%20%20not%20certain%20episodes%20of%20the%20new%20series%20of%20The%20Apprentice

Dedicated: Sir Alan Sugar will be watching Tottenham Hotspur and not certain episodes of the new series of The Apprentice

Lord Sugar has confessed he will skip watching The Apprentice so he does not miss his beloved Tottenham Hotspur.

A new series of The Apprentice, in which candidates vie to become an employee of millionaire Sugar, starts on Wednesday on BBC1, but in some weeks to come it will clash with live Champions League games featuring Spurs on rival channels.

Admitting he plans to watch his team, rather than the trials of his candidates, Sugar said: ‘I’ll watch the match because I will have seen The Apprentice episode already.’

It is almost 50 years since fans of the North London club have seen their team play top-flight European football.

Sugar, 63, joked he doubted that Spurs would stay in the Champions League for long.

‘Hopefully we won’t last long enough and it won’t matter,’ he said, adding he hoped The Apprentice would pull in the bigger audience.

Lending%20support:%20Alan%20Sugar%20will%20be%20hoping%20to%20witness%20celebration%20%20%20scenes%20like%20the%20one%20above%20as%20Tottenham%20Hotspur%20get%20set%20for%20Champions%20%20%20League%20games

Lending support: Alan Sugar will be hoping to witness celebration scenes like the one above as Tottenham Hotspur get set for Champions League games

Sugar bought Spurs in 1991, and appointed seven managers in the ten years before he sold it – hiring and firing at a rate that will be scarily familiar for Apprentice candidates <Will be even more familiar with this new batch as half of them have already been fired from previous jobs (that's if they've not been in court for fraud/GBH/owning a weapon)

Edited by Alex - 05 Oct 2010 at 10:32
 Post Reply Post Reply