I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The Apprentice
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lord Sugar: 'I never watch Apprentice footage'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lord Sugar: 'I never watch Apprentice footage'
    Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 17:06

Lord Sugar: 'I never watch Apprentice footage'

04/10/2010 - 12:32

Lord%20Sugar:%20I%20never%20watch%20Apprentice%20footage

Lord Alan Sugar has revealed he doesn't ever see footage of the contestants attempting the tasks on The Apprentice.

The boss of the BBC1 show told Live magazine there just isn't enough time to watch what the contestants get up to and that he has to rely solely on the help of his two assistants, Nick Hewer and Karren Brady.

"If the apprentices are set a task on a Monday morning and it takes two days, they send camera crews out with them and there could be 100 hours of filming.

"When they come back to the boardroom two days later, all I've got is Nick and now Karren to tell me what they saw when they were out and about.

"It's physically impossible to process the films and for me to see them. So all I've got to go on is what they tell me, then you pick it up a bit from a long dialogue with the apprentices themselves, around the table. It's always been like that."

Depsite Lord Sugar's infamous no-nonsense attitude, the multi-millionaire businessman has revealed he is going to appear a lot more sympathetic on this year's Apprentice and was ready to quit if the production team didn't show off his softer side more.

"I told them, 'I'm not doing it any more if all you're going to do is keep showing the head-banging-on-the-table side of me. You can forget it'.

"I've had a lot more input into the latest stuff. In the early days of The Apprentice you saw me shouting and screaming - sometimes, I would argue, out of context. Just for the sake of it. It didn't make any sense as to why I was doing it. Now if you do see me shouting and screaming you'll understand it's for the right reasons.

"And you'll see me complimenting someone, being more supportive or understanding."

It seems viewers of this year's Apprentice are in for a treat, not only due to Lord Alan's new compassionate approach, but also in the mix of contestants. Battling it out for this year's title is an ex-commando, a surgeon, a cleaner and a jobless graduate.

The new series of The Apprentice kicks off on Wednesday, October 6 on BBC1 at 9pm.

Source
 Post Reply Post Reply