I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The X Factor 2013
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Marlon hopes for X Factor love

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marlon hopes for X Factor love
    Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 09:18

Marlon hopes for X Factor love

Published: Today

MARLON McKenzie is praying the X Factor helps him find LOVE.

The 28-year-old - who split from Cleopatra star Cleo Higgins last year - is desperate to find a new woman and hopes the show will help.

Marlon, who has two kids with the '90s pop star - Chika, nine, and TJ, four - revealed he had been hitting the gym since the end of his ten-year relationship.

Impressive%20...%20at%20auditions
Impressive ... at auditions

The Manchester singer, who had tried out for the show twice before in 2005 and 2008, was seen sailing through to boot camp on Sunday night's auditions.

He wowed the panel, including guest judge Nicole Scherzinger, with his rendition of Ain't No Sunshine. But even if he fails to get to the final Marlon hopes being on the show - and his buff body - will bag him a date.

He said: "I've been going to the gym religiously since last May without really missing a day off. I thought, 'Right I'm single now, I'm back out there'.

"All the other boys are looking good and everybody has got a good body. If I'm going to be able to compete with them and get a new girlfriend I've got to be dedicated."

Despite getting through to boot camp with a number of pretty girls, Marlon was gutted to find many were already spoken for.

He said: "All the girls I particularly like are always taken.

"There was a lot of talent this year. But I think most people had boyfriends."

New rules extending the boys' category age limit to 28 mean Marlon is in with the youngsters, after being with the over-25s last time.

He admitted: "It would be better for me to be one of the boys. For the teenage girls to think of me as one of the boys. It could potentially be like, 'It's not cool to like the older ones'."

Despite being booted out of the show twice before, Marlon hopes this time will be different.

He said: "I have just been trying to stand out as much as possible. Just making sure I'm dressed to impress. Everybody's been saying that I'm looking different. I think I've grown."

And Marlon praised guest Nicole, saying the pretty Pussycat Dolls star was his favourite on the panel.

He said: "Everybody loved Nicole there, she was beautiful. She's auditioned for Popstars in America so she knows how it feels.

"It's the same thing for Cheryl Cole - they know how nervous everyone is, so they cut people some slack."

The Sun
 Post Reply Post Reply