I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The X Factor 2013
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Simon Cowell reveals new X Factor Plans

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Simon Cowell reveals new X Factor Plans
    Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 10:43

Simon Cowell reveals new x Factor plans

Sep 19 2010 by Jessica Boulton, The People

Simon%20Cowell

Simon Cowell has launched his global master plan for X Factor by signing up judge Cheryl Cole to do BOTH the American and UK series in a deal worth around £5million, The People can reveal.

And in an exclusive interview with The People, Simon also told how:

Pussycat Dolls singer Nicole Scherzinger will be hired to star alongside rival Cheryl on the US version.

Simon has no intention of quitting the British X Factor because he is enjoying the show so much.

Sharon Osbourne has been secretly signed up to be a judge on his other hit TV reality show Britain's Got Talent.

Simon's new vision for his flagship entertainment show comes after reports claiming he wanted to quit UK X Factor and that Girls Aloud singer Cheryl, 27, didn't want to move to the States.

But Simon, 50, said: I adore Cheryl and its very possible she will be doing both shows. I want to make it work so don't rule her out.

Plans are being worked on for next year but I DO want to do both shows as well if we can make it work and I have no intention of quitting UK X Factor.

I've really enjoyed the series this year and have a massive loyalty to ITV.

Our exclusive news will come as a major relief to ITV bosses who feared they could lose their two biggest stars.

Another big coup Simon revealed is that he has officially signed up stunning singer Nicole, 32, to spearhead his American series alongside Cheryl which starts next year.

Last night Nicole, currently dating Britain's F1 champion Lewis Hamilton, 25, wowed Simon and viewers as guest judge for the Manchester auditions.

Simon likes the Hawaiian-born beauty so much she was the only celeb he asked to return for the boot camp session.

She stood in for Cheryl after the Geordie star was stricken by malaria in July and proved a big hit. But that made Cheryl fear that Nicole would take her place on the judges panel.

Simon gushed: Manchester has fallen in love with her. She's wonderful.

Confiding to a show insider he added: Nicole has the X Factor herself and will be a huge hit in the States.

The fact that there is some professional rivalry between the pair will only add to the chemistry on air.

And raising the competition between the two, Simon added with a grin that no ones job is safe on the show.

The judges are only contracted year by year and there are a lot of incredible people interested in being on the panel on both shows. Some really interesting names in fact.

Cheryl looked relaxed yesterday as she filmed the judges house round at a mansion in Ascot, Berks, with the eight acts in her category.

But Black Eyed Peas singer Will.I. Am, who helped her decide which three acts she will mentor in the finals, claimed she is still not strong enough to perform as a singer on stage after her bout of malaria.

The US star told The People: Shes got her spirit back. Cheryl's doing well and looks great, but 100 per cent, I don't know.

I'm not sure if shes ready for a tour. Meanwhile Simon, expressing his desire to stop X Factor from going stale, told our source: I like to shake things up all the time.

I believe things need to be fresh and improved on year by year. This year audiences will see big changes with the live shows too. I want more of the behind-scenes shown and to give people insight into the contestants developing. There's a new styling and fashion team. Visually the show will be more about contestants and their individual personalities as well as the music too. There is also going to be a greater variety of music and no doubt the Lady GaGa factor will have its influence.

And in another masterstroke Simon hinted he has signed up former X Factor judge Sharon, 57, to appear as a judge on his other hit show Britain's Got Talent which returns next spring.

Sharon quit the show two years ago after four series as a judge and was replaced by Cheryl.

But Simon is keeping tight-lipped on who Sharon will replace.

Actress Amanda Holden, 39, was reported to be heading for the chop with other names mentioned as possible replacements included comics Peter Kay and Paul O'Grady.

Sharon could also replace fellow judge Piers Morgan, 45, who has landed a £5.5million deal to replace Larry King on American network CNN.

And asked about his views on rival BBC1 show Strictly Come Dancing, Simon told the source: I don't tend to look at what Strictly are doing as it is a different show completely.

If audiences want to watch both then I definitely think that people should be able to do that and not have to choose because the BBC want to get into a ratings war.

After all, my mum Julie always wants to watch Strictly as well as the X Factor.

People
 Post Reply Post Reply