I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The X Factor 2013
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cher in X Factor grudge match

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cher in X Factor grudge match
    Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 11:34
X%20Factor
Red%20hot%20fave%20...%20Cher%20Lloyd
Red hot fave ... Cher Lloyd
PLANET PHOTOS

By NADIA SAM-DALIRI

Published: Today

X FACTOR crooner Cher Lloyd was stunned to discover she will face an old rival at boot camp who recently THRASHED her in a talent competition.

Hip hop hopeful Cher, 17, was beaten to first place by Ellice Chidlow, 18, in a local contest called The Text Factor this year - and must now face her opponent again.

Rival%20...%20pretty%20Ellice%20Chidlow
Rival ... pretty Ellice Chidlow

On Saturday's show, Ellice made it through with three "yes" votes from the judges.

She sang Jennifer Hudson track I Am Telling You - which also won her the Worcester competition.

And pals reckon the confident crooner may trump her younger rival Cher once again in the next round.

A source told TV Biz: "Ellice is a far more accomplished performer than Cher. She is a year older and has more experience and more confidence.

"Ellice could just walk into a building and just perform whereas Cher is very nervous and often shakes before going out on stage.

"It will be interesting to see them go-to-head again but if it's self-belief that is the key, Ellice will win all the way."

Despite looking nervous, Cher pulled herself together for her impressive rendition of Soulja Boy's Turn My Swag On a fortnight ago.

She has since become the talk of the ITV1 talent show, after reports of a saucy night with fellow hopeful Liam Payne and a legion of famous fans including Soulja Boy and Keri Hilson - her audition song's original artists.

Windfall

The pretty brunette has insisted she is a versatile performer.

And during April's talent contest, held at Worcester's Sin nightclub, she made it to second place with a rendition of Lady GaGa's Telephone.

Ellice enjoyed a £2,500 windfall for winning. But even then Ellice knew Cher was the one to beat.

She said at the time: "I think the best contestant is Cher. She's really good."

Ellice's biggest challenge now though is to win over Simon Cowell.

The music mogul was not taken by her first audition and asked to change her song from Jennifer Hudson's I'm Changing to the singer's Dream Girls hit I Am Telling You.

But he still didn't put her through and Ellice had to make do with votes from Cheryl Cole, Louis Walsh and guest judge Pixie Lott.

But pals say she is set on winning Simon over.

One explained: "Ellice has a lot of drive and she's determined she can get Simon on board.

Cher should watch out because Ellice won't let this one go without a fight."

James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 13:32
I wasn't very struck by Cher's audition, I thought it seemed a little contrived. Ellice looks more natural so I think I'll like her better.
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 13:37
Im fed up of the coverage of Cher in all the media already, plus far FAR to much make up
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 13:48
Her whole style makes her look hard, it's not attractive. I like Ellice's dress but the denim jacket was a huge mistake. I forgive her.
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 13:49
she looks like a sex doll, you know those ultra real ones
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 14:04
OMG yes! *bleaches brain*
 Post Reply Post Reply