I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The X Factor 2013
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shirl be back

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shirl be back
    Posted: 11 Sep 2010 at 14:34
TV Exclusive

Shirl be back

By COLIN ROBERTSON, TV Editor

Published: Today

AXED X Factor star Shirlena Johnson was last night handed a lifeline by show boss Simon Cowell.

She will NOT return as a contestant but may sing live later in the series as a guest.

Cowell said he wanted to help Shirlena after he and other bosses decided against letting her return as a contestant on medical grounds.

He admitted he had been moved by Sun readers' calls to reinstate the single mum who has fought mental illness.

Cowell said: "I'm really frustrated for her. She is obviously upset and wants to do everything she can to come back.

"I would love to see her back on the show somehow - I don't know exactly how. But as The Sun's campaign has proved, viewers would like to see her again."

Show insiders explained the most likely option would see Shirlena, 30, return to sing at one of the live shows.

Wannabes who have not made it to this stage have returned for cameos in the past.

A source said: "It is always possible viewers may see her again in the live shows."

Last night Shirlena spoke of her sadness at not being given a second chance to be a contestant.

She said: "It's disappointing but if I had the opportunity to appear on the live shows that would make me happy and encourage me in my career."

She had impressed the judges with a wacky rendition of Duffy's Mercy.

THE SUN
 Post Reply Post Reply