I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2011
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pamela : I'll have to put Billy on a leash

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pamela : I'll have to put Billy on a leash
    Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 11:51
PAMELA: I'LL HAVE TO PUT BILLY ON A LEASH

By GRAEME DONOHOE

Published: Today

BILLY CONNOLLY'S missus Pamela Stephenson reckons he could be Strictly Come Dancing's first stage invader.

The Aussie, 60, revealed comic legend Billy thinks dancing is VERTICAL SEX.

And she warned if things get hot and steamy the Big Yin is likely to storm the dancefloor.

The Shrink Rap TV star giggled: "Billy is going to be jealous. This is bad for him.

"I don't think it helps that he started his courting at the Barras ballroom and he associates dancing with sex.

"That's how he got to pull when he was a young man. That's what he thinks of dancing so he will be funny about it.

"He'll be thinking anything can happen. I know he's going to make sure he's in the audience every now and again to establish his presence a little."

Sex therapist Pamela claims Billy had a bad dose of the green-eyed monster when she signed up to the hit BBC dance show.

And he has already put the frighteners on Pamela's dance partner. The pro dancer was left COWERING after the pair met on Wednesday.

Pamela added: "I fear Strictly could have its first dancefloor invasion with Billy around.

"Honestly, that scenario just slightly scares me about Billy sitting in the audience watching.

"I'll need to get our daughters to put him on a leash or something.

Partnership%20...%20Pamela%20says%20Big%20Yin%20will%20be%20jealous%20when%20shes%20dancing
Partnership ... Pamela says Big Yin will be jealous when she's dancing
DAVE HOGAN
"He's a bit of a loose cannon."

The former Not The Nine O'Clock News funnygirl will line up against stars including Patsy Kensit, ex-Tory MP Ann Widdecombe and magician Paul Daniels.

She'll also be competing against former England goalie Peter Shilton, Coronation Street babe Tina O'Brien, EastEnders hunk Scott Maslen and metal-toothed DJ Goldie.

The hit show has become famous for dance partners getting frisky with one another.

Newsreader Natasha Kaplinsky and Hollyoaks actor Ricky Whittle have suffered break-ups after both finding romance filming Strictly.

And this year Mrs Brown star Billy, 67, will have his temper tested to the max because Pam can't wait to try the hot and saucy dances.

She grinned: "There WILL be some raunchy dancing, especially the tango because you are so close, and I can't wait. You can't dance the tango unless you are pretty much glued at the pelvis.

"I know who my dance partner is but I've to keep it a secret until the show on Saturday. Billy met him. I introduced them and they sort of faced each other off a little bit and I was loving it. I think my partner was quite nervous about meeting Billy and I kind of wound him up a little bit at first.

Hot%20stuff%20...%20Ricky%20Whittle%20and%20Natasha%20Kaplinsky%20found%20romance%20on%20the%20show
Hot stuff ... Ricky Whittle and Natasha Kaplinsky found romance on the show
"I warned him, 'I'm not quite sure how my husband is going to take you so take a deep breath'.

"We walked across and he was kind of hiding behind me a little bit. Bless him.

"My partner sort of calmingly said, 'Sorry Billy, but I'm going to have to take up a bit of your wife's time'. But Billy just looked at him and said 'Oh, take her'."

Flirty Pamela insists Billy has nothing to worry about. And she claims that, far from having a pair of big banana feet, he's a a twinkletoes - much to their kids' disgust. She said: "Billy is actually a great dancer. It's interesting because he jived at the Barras and he tries to teach me.

"It's not ballroom jive but the jiving he did in Glasgow. It's more like swing I think.

"We have this jukebox in our kitchen and he'll try to dance with me. We do it partly to gross the kids out because they think it's disgusting watching us."

The couple enjoy going to ceilidhs. Pamela added: "We put away the furniture and everyone dances. I love that Scottish culture. You can see from the way that Billy moves on stage that he is very coordinated.

"He has nothing to worry about with me on Strictly."

But she admits the Big Yin wasn't too keen about his wife going on the Saturday night telly favourite. Pamela joked: "Oh my God, what have I done? But honestly, I couldn't think of a reason why not. My step-daughter Karen, who lives in Glasgow, loves the show.

"She egged me on saying, 'You've got to do it', while Billy was saying, 'What are you thinking?'. But I so love dancing and I thought, 'How bad can it be?'.

"It's the best fat camp in the universe for a start - the weight drops off everybody."

"I'm really happy about my partner because first of all he's a hottie and secondly he's a brilliant dancer. I've got the secret weapon.

"There's some really hot couples where you'll see a lot of chemistry then there's going to be Billy leaping across the dancefloor trying to separate me and my partner when we do the tango. It's going to make great television."

• The Strictly Come Dancing launch show is on BBC1 tomorrow at 6.25pm.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/3132907/Big-Yins-wife-Pamela-Stephenson-set-for-Strictly.html#ixzz0z7fjOODV

Post Reply Post Reply