I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The X Factor 2013
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Will Liam Payne have X Factor success?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will Liam Payne have X Factor success?
    Posted: 04 Sep 2010 at 14:30

Will Liam Payne have X Factor success?

Saturday 4th September 2010, 11:23AM BST.

Will%20Liam%20Payne%20have%20X%20Factor%20success?

His last appearance on X Factor led to tears of disappointment for Liam Payne.

But tonight viewers will see another bid for stardom by the Wolverhampton student – and this time he hopes to make it to the live finals.

Liam, 17 last week, made it as far as the judges house stage in 2008 after Simon Cowell dropped last year’s finalist Rikki Loney to take him there.

Cowell later sent him home, claiming he was too young. At the 2010 Birmingham auditions, Liam said he was too young then, but is now ready to “give it another shot”.

Tonight’s show will see him sing Michael Buble’s Cry Me A River at the LG Arena.

Simon rave tells Liam: “This goes to prove my point. Two years ago I said you needed to go away for a little bit. You’ve changed into a man and are so much better for it.”

Today X Factor producers and Liam’s family were tight-lipped about progress in this year’s show but there is speculation he is in the final dozen acts, either as a solo performer or put together as a part of a group.

He was 15 at the time he was flown to Barbados to sing in front of Cowell and 80s singer Sinitta in 2008 and said he was “gutted” he was told to pack his bags after a rendition Take That’s A Million Love Songs, despite Sinitta declaring she “loved” it.

Now, having completed his GCSEs at St Peter’s Collegiate School and taken up a sound technology course at Wolverhampton College, he is determined to get through.

Judge Dannii Minogue has been on maternity leave and Cheryl Cole was off sick after collapsing with malaria. Stand-in judges were drafted in including Katy Perry and Pixie Lott. Liam will tonight sing in front of regular judges and guest star Natalie Imbruglia.

BBC and ITV bosses called a truce on their ratings war with a new schedule to ensure Strictly Come Dancing and The X Factor won’t clash on a Saturday night.

The BBC dance show and ITV talent programme went head-to-head in previous years, leaving viewers torn over which to watch.

Read more: http://www.expressandstar.com/latest/2010/09/04/will-liam-payne-have-x-factor-success/#ixzz0yZESDsTH

Edited by Bren - 04 Sep 2010 at 14:31
snookf1 View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Online Status: Offline
  Quote snookf1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 19:18
Apparently Liam has been put into a group of five boys
 Post Reply Post Reply