I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The X Factor 2013
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Reason why they're not unique

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Reason why they're not unique
    Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 14:25

By COLIN ROBERTSON

Published: Today

MACHO manband The Reason are hiding a secret boyband past - as clean-shaven wannabes So Unique in the first series of X Factor.

The lads even got to the Boot Camp stage of the 2004 show with a look inspired by 1980s band Bros.

Blast%20from%20the%20past%20...%20boys%20as%20So%20Unique%20in%202004
Blast from the past ... boys as So Unique in 2004

Our excruciating - sorry, we mean exclusive - picture shows how the rugged Southampton foursome looked in jeans and bomber jackets, gelled hair and hoop earrings.

Their "tough" new look is seen below right - so it's understandable that they haven't revealed their teen pin-up past.

A pal last night described their former look as a cross between Bros and Tom Cruise in Top Gun.

Lookalikes%20...%2090s%20popsters%20Bros
Lookalikes ... 90s popsters Bros

The pal added: "They did quite well in the first ever X Factor - the judges were quite positive about them.

"But their look was dreadful. They thought it was cool but it was a bit naff.

Jumble

"I think Simon Cowell thought they were trying a bit hard so gave them the shove.

"Let's face it, for them not to get through when Steve Brookstein did - and won - tells you all you need to know."

Despite hiding their old association with the show, the lads told TV Biz just days ago that they had been trying to make it for a while.

Mark Higgins, 28, Nathan Rawlins, 29, Glenn Vine, 25, and Scott White, 28 have also performed as The WhiteVine RawHigs - a name created from a jumble of their surnames.

Mark told TV Biz: "We've had all the tantrums and the ups and downs and arguments. But I think we're ready now."

The tattooed lads - all tradesmen - got through to Boot Camp on Saturday after winning the judges' thumbs-up for their version of Cheryl Cole's Fight For This Love.

They are bidding to become the first "manband" champs.

Mark said: "To certain people it's embarrassing to like boybands. We want to be credible."

Post Reply Post Reply