I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The X Factor 2013
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No BBC ITV ratings war

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No BBC ITV ratings war
    Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 11:17

BBC and ITV agree to avoid X Factor and Strictly Come Dancing clash

By Mark Jefferies 3/09/2010

X%20Factor%20judges%20%28Pic:ITV%29

The BBC and ITV have finally ended their ratings war between Strictly Come Dancing and X Factor.

The Mirror told yesterday how Simon Cowell had dubbed the BBC "pathetic and childish" for putting their ballroom hit up against X Factor in the past.

But what he did not know was talks had already begun to try to avoid a clash at the weekend's Edinburgh TV Festival.

And BBC1 controller Jay Hunt and ITV1 boss Peter Fincham yesterday agreed to avoid clashes between the shows.

On September 11, Strictly's hour-long launch show will finish at 7.25pm with The X Factor on at 7.45pm on ITV1. It's thought there will be little or no overlap for at least the first month of both series.

A bbc insider said: "We started the nego-tiations and they were with ITV and not Simon Cowell, although he should be happy with the result. At the end of the chat between Jay and Peter, there was no longer an issue regarding Saturday nights."

Last year Strictly, co-hosted by Tess Daly, was regularly beaten when the shows went head to head.

An ITV source said: "It's clear the majority of viewers opted for X Factor over Strictly so this avoids the BBC getting a bloody nose."

The X Factor final peaked at 19.1 million while 11 million saw Chris Hollins crowned Strictly's winner.

An ITV spokesman said: "Our priority is to ensure as many viewers as possible enjoy The X Factor as the series unfolds. It is not in anyone's interest for the audience to be torn between shows."

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2010/09/03/bbc-and-itv-agree-to-avoid-x-factor-and-strictly-come-dancing-clash-115875-22533067/#ixzz0ySbtdVQU
Go Camping for 95p! Vouchers collectable in the Daily and Sunday Mirror until 11th August . Click here for more information

Edited by Jonnyboy - 03 Sep 2010 at 11:17
killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Online Status: Offline
  Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 19:32
I'm afraid it's too late for that, cause Strictly is terrible
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
 Post Reply Post Reply