I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2011
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Si blasts Strictly Crumbly Dancing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Si blasts Strictly Crumbly Dancing
    Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 12:57
X%20Factor
Simon%20Cowell%20...%20BBC%20are%20pathetic
Simon Cowell ... 'BBC are pathetic'

By COLIN ROBERTSON

Published: Today

CHEEKY Simon Cowell has urged the BBC to show Strictly Come Dancing in the afternoon - because its fans are getting on a bit.

The X Factor guru - angry at Beeb plans to air the show at the same time as his ITV1 hit - reckons its followers would appreciate the move.

He said: "I'd suggest they show Strictly a bit earlier in the afternoon because their audience is older.

"I'm serious. Then they can have a nap if it finishes at six and watch X Factor later."

Simon claimed Beeb plans to show Strictly simultaneously with X Factor were a "disservice to the licence fee payer".

The move was widely condemned by fans last year.

Si told TV Biz: "We don't pay the licence fee for people to play games with ratings.

"It is childish and pathetic. We gave the BBC a choice last year about different time slots but they have this obsession with competing with us."

Simon indicated he was keen to work with the Beeb to avoid the threatened clash.

He went on: "If X Factor and Strictly are first and second, why would you want to put them on at the same time? It's not fair on licence fee payers."

A BBC spokeswoman said: "We're happy to discuss the scheduling, but as far as we're aware it is ITV boss Peter Fincham and not Simon Cowell who makes this decision so it would be best that we talk with him.

"Any decisions we make will be taken with licence fee payers' best interests at heart."

Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 16:30
Not everyone wants to watch your shitty show Simon - what a prat.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 21:36
FFS, people have Sky plus, video's, hard-drives, etc.. in this modern world

SIMON, no-one watches your sh*t live anyway!!!
I can record two channels and still go out, and watch them back next day.
People watch when it suits them!!! we no longer have to religiously follow TV schedules anymore,  we have lives outside of TV. 
Simon you should give your public some cred.
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
*Poppy* View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote *Poppy* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 09:12
Originally posted by Eviesmum

Not everyone wants to watch your shitty show Simon - what a prat.
Agree with this.

Post Reply Post Reply