I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The X Factor 2013
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anastasia back on X Factor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anastasia back on X Factor
    Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 16:33
X%20Factor
Anastasia%20Baker
Back again ... Anastasia Baker
Rex

By CARA LEE

Published: Today

A FORMER X Factor contestant who dramatically collapsed at the judges' house stage of the competition in 2008 tries out again in tomorrow night's show.

Anastasia Baker, who messed up her rendition of Everlasting Love in front of Cheryl Cole in Cannes, is back at the London auditions hoping for a second chance.

The single mum later blamed the breakdown on post-natal depression, saying the condition had made her memory worse.

templefire
Will they make it through? ... Temple Fire
But this time she vows she is strong enough for the show.

Anastasia, 21, says: "When I got a no from Cheryl it really did upset me.

"But I'm here now to prove that I am strong enough. When you're a mum, like I am, you just have to teach you're children to never give up on their dream. I have to do this."

But she tells Cheryl Cole she made the right decision by not putting her through to the live shows.

Anastasia says: "My daughter was really, really young and I don't think my emotions meant I could cope with it. I wasn't myself. When you see me perform now you'll see who I really am."

But will her version of Tina Turner's Proud Mary impress the judges?

Meanwhile, 50-year-old Tesco till worker Mary Byrne - who has been hailed as the new Susan Boyle - blows the panel away in Dublin.

She says: "I always sing at the till, I have to be told to shut up by the staff.

"I want to be a legend like Shirley Bassey or Tom Jones. Everyone at work is really supporting me, they tell me I have something special that makes the hairs on the back of their necks stand up when I hit the high notes."

And she makes a similar impression on the audience - who give her a standing ovation after she sings Shirley Bassey's This is My Life.

Mary also gets rave reviews from the panel, with Simon Cowell telling her she's "seriously good" and Cheryl saying she's "full to the brim with power, emotion and passion."

Elsewhere, unemployed hairdresser Rebecca Creighton impresses the crowd with Pixie Lott's Cry Me Out and boyband Temple Fire leave the panel speechless with Wham's Wake Me Up.

But have they done enough to get through?

Back in London, Louis Walsh declares he wants to discovers a new Jedward - and finds twin brothers Samir and Mehdi, or Twem.

The pair, who came to the auditions from Paris, explain it will be a challenge for them to sing in English and burst into Lady Gaga's Just Dance.

Cheryl tells them they are "like the Parisian John and Edward" - which Simon says is a terrifying thought.

Also on tomorrow's show is four-piece boyband Reason, who cover Cheryl's song Fight For This Love.

And the lads even manage to get some compliments out of Simon, who tells them: "You worked out the harmonies really well, it was a clever song.

"I haven't seen a group like this in a while - just a vocal harmony group. Less is more with a group like you. The only issue is if you got through and Louis was looking after you...well you know what would happen..."

Find out who gets through and who falls at the first hurdle in X Factor, tomorrow at 7.30pm on ITV1.

tinatemplesmith View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tinatemplesmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 16:14
she should give up !Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply