I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The X Factor 2013
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ve X Factor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ve X Factor
    Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 08:36

VE X FACTOR

By Mark Jefferies 26/08/2010

EXCLUSIVE: Cowell's fury as he orders a ban on Auto-Tuning

Furious Simon Cowell yesterday banned the controversial Auto-Tuning technology from X Factor.

And he ordered staff on the ITV contest to re-edit all the auditions for the rest of the series to restore them to their original state.

At a crisis meeting yesterday, he insisted the show must go "back to basics" to regain credibility.

The TV mogul said of Auto-Tuning: "I'm very angry it was used in the way it was on Saturday night.

"It was totally wrong and we can't allow it to happen again. I'm mortified by what's happened. The most important thing now is to ensure viewers can trust what they see on the show."

News of the ban comes after the series enjoyed it's most successful launch with 1 2. 2 million viewers. But it was then plunged into scandal with the voice-altering row and contestant Shirlena Johnson being axed over fears for her mental health.

Yesterday Shirlena begged Cowell to reinstate her, but he has refused.

The Auto-Tuning storm means Saturday's show has to be re-edited J without any electronic gimmickry. An insider said: "The show has already been edited with many tweaks to the sound, so we have to go back on a lot of material.

"All sorts of hi-tech stuff is used to improve shows. You can brighten the lights or adjust colour in post-production. It's the same with vocals.

"Simon is sorry if viewers felt they were being cheated. But there was nothing sinister going on."

Hundreds complained about last Saturday's show after soundbending alterations to a number of auditions. ITV later admitted Auto-Tune had been used.

But the Mirror can reveal that Cowell has NOT ruled out using the technology on live shows for guest stars. It is secretly used to ensure that many of the biggest names hit the right note.

Robbie Williams is one of the few who admitted using it, saying it was "like spellcheck on the computer".

A source said: "We like to have the most iconic pop idols on the show and they want to sound their best so it is likely some will insist on it."

Singer Daniel Evans, who reached the live finals in 2008, joined in the criticism last night. He said:

"I 'm a big campaigner against Auto-Tune in the music industry. It's all over the charts - but to hear it on a so-called live show is just plain sad."

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/08/26/ve-x-factor-115875-22514373/#ixzz0xhAjGHpm
Go Camping for 95p! Vouchers collectable in the Daily and Sunday Mirror until 11th August . Click here for more information

Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 10:24
Yes because we really believe he knew nothing about it, what with it being his show and all. 
killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 20:56
Smart move on Simon's part, this is what BBC fails to do, go back to basics!
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
 Post Reply Post Reply