I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > RTV world > Strictly Come Dancing 2009
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Rumors...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dancefanatic88 View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Online Status: Offline
  Quote dancefanatic88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Rumors...
    Posted: 23 July 2010 at 19:24
So what rumours are we looking at?

MEN
Gavin Henson (rugby player)
Frank Bruno (boxer)
John Torode (chef)
Omid Djalili (comedian)
Linford Christie (athlete)
Charlie Clements (actor)
Matt Baker (TV presenter)

WOMEN
Felicity Kendal (actress)
Ann Widdecombe (politician)
Nathalie Emmanuel (actress)
Jennifer Metcalfe (actress)
Patsy Kensit (actress)
Keisha Buchanan (singer)
Sophie Anderton (model)
Emily better have been 'just nervous'. Fred can't have another bad partner, when Maria gets all the goodies!
*Poppy* View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote *Poppy* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2010 at 20:54
Not overly liking this line-up i'm afraid, doubt it's exact though as way too early.  Lets get rid of Ann, Sophie, Frank and Omid and it'll look abit better Big%20smile

Can you imagine the pro's face when they walk into the room excited about meeting their new celeb and they find Ann Widdecombe waiting for them! Shocked 
Virgin
Virgin

Quote dancefanatic88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2010 at 21:40
Good point Poppy I'd love to see Anton's expression!!

I am however quite happy with this rumoured line-up, because i've finally heard of all of the contestants !!!

Radio 2 sports reporter Johnny Saunders, one who I have not heard of this time, has been thrown in by Chris Evans, probably replacing Matt or Charlie.
Emily better have been 'just nervous'. Fred can't have another bad partner, when Maria gets all the goodies!
Virgin
Virgin

Quote dancefanatic88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2010 at 11:33
UPDATED RUMOURED LINE-UP

MEN
Gavin Henson (rugby player)
Frank Bruno (boxer)
Johnny Saunders (sports reporter)
Omid Djalili (comedian)
Linford Christie (athlete)
Charlie Clements (actor)
Matt Baker (TV presenter)

WOMEN
Felicity Kendal (actress)
Ann Widdecombe (politician)
Nathalie Emmanuel (actress)
Jennifer Metcalfe (actress)
Patsy Kensit (actress)
Tina O'Brien (actress)
Sophie Anderton (model)
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2010 at 13:20
I think a lot of those rumours are wrong  and sorry but think it is the usual desperate SCD line up like last year too many older ones in there too I despair as a dance teacher from a dancing family itis sad to see SCD completely ruined and choice of poor celebs is one of the aspects that is wrong and of course the changes with the pros this year in my (and quite a few other dancers/teachers opinions) will signal the end of the series in the UK.  I am still in shockk that the BBC can let one of the best Latin dancers in the uk in last 5 years go, and keep someone of the calibre of Tony Beake never a 'top' line champion at ballroom and completely usless at latin 

Edited by Bren - 24 July 2010 at 13:22
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2010 at 22:53

As  mentioned elsewhere, I would like to see Jonathan Ross take part, and donate his fee to charity!!

That in my mind, would slightly change my opinion of him recently . (altho i still watched his shows occasionally, and enjoyed his last show, mostly- he genuinely seemed quite sad at the end )

COME ON WOSSY!!!!
SHOW YOUR ENTHUSIASM, AND COMPASSION , we know you have it in you, after the 'Sachs-gate'
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
terrip View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote terrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2010 at 20:46
No disrespect but this definitely is not the line up.  There will be at least 1 - probably 2 from EastEnders - the Flagship BBC soap.  Also, Omid would be a joy to watch as we know from his TV shows that he can dance but I can see no proper rumours on the internet that he is in the lineup and it really doesn't seem like something he would do (or need to do).  I think he's unlikely.  There is always someone from a Breakfast show too either BBC or ITV - and after last year's 'winner', in theory it should be ITV.  Maybe Adrian Chiles will do it (joke). 

Some of the guesses are probably right - but they're the ones that don't excite me like Patsy Kensit (yawn) and Anne Widdicombe (double yawn). 

Bren - when will we know the proper lineup?
Terri P
Virgin
Virgin

Quote dancefanatic88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2010 at 20:56
Line-up will be announced around mid-august :)
Virgin
Virgin

Quote dancefanatic88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2010 at 20:58
The thing is, I know it's not the official line-up at all, hence the word 'rumoured'. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see Nathalie Emmanuel and Patsy Kensit, as both are leaving their shows.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2010 at 21:01
4 people have signed Patsy Kensit , Gavin hanson, Ane Widdcombe and Felicit Kendal rest mid to end of August
*Poppy* View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote *Poppy* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2010 at 16:23
Bloody Ann Widdecombe!! i am so hoping that rumour is wrong!

Ann is short, Felicity is short, Tina O'brien (newish rumour) is short....too many short women for a year when they got rid of one of the short pro's.

Every bloody paper is reporting Ann but that doesn't mean it's definitely true!!.......does it???
terrip View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote terrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2010 at 16:28
Poppy - it's very  unusual for Bren to be wrong - if she says Ann has signed, then I'll bet Ann has signed!  I think they're hoping for a John Sargeant effect.  Everyone was chuckling when he signed that he'd be a waste of space - but his story was almost the highlight of that season.
Terri P
*Poppy* View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote *Poppy* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2010 at 16:35

I see, that means Felicity is a definite then aswell and she looks tiny so hopefully she'll go with Vincent and Ann will go with Anton.  Surely the producers wouldn't be that mean and put Ann with the new young pro? Mind you they put John with Kristina her first year.

Virgin
Virgin

Quote dancefanatic88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2010 at 15:15
Not entirely true about Bren, terrip, in 2008 he said that he was sure that Brian Fortuna wasn't joining Strictly, and look what happened!
*Poppy* View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote *Poppy* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2010 at 20:10
Maybe Bren got this from the papers as all of them are reporting these four and have been for ages.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 13:18
So will Kristina get Gavin then , LOL !!!!!

If Anton gets someone really young who has a chance of winning, he'll be shown up yet again, LOL,  Erin not as bad as him really, but getting a bit old in the tooth, and time she went off and had babies now imo, LOL- she just got married didn't she, so this should be her last year.

Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
 Post Reply Post Reply