I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The X Factor 2013
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Steps Factor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Steps Factor
    Posted: 22 July 2010 at 12:39
Steps Factor

By JEN BLACKBURN

Published: Today

X Factor wannabe singers in boot camp will face a dance masterclass to help the judges decide who gets through to the next round.

As Cheryl Tweedy, 27, continues to recover from malaria, show chiefs have parachuted in ex-judge and current creative director Brian Friedman to help.

And the choreographer - who found fame creating dance routines for Beyoncé Knowles, Mariah Carey and Usher - has been putting the contestants through their paces to find out who has the moves, as well as the voice, to make it as a pop star.

Brian, 33, said yesterday: "The X Factor boot camp is almost done. I'm dying to see who goes through."

And tough Brian has been surprised how talented this year's hopefuls are.

He said: "X Factor will be incredible. I'm working with the contestants now and I'm blown away."

Simon Cowell - who likes introducing changes to the ITV1 show each year such as live audition audiences - wants to make sure the hopefuls can dance to make the live finals more exciting.

A top source told TV Biz: "X Factor has always been a singing show, but Simon really wants to find a multi-talented, rounded stage performer.

"Some acts that got through last year, like Stacey Solomon and Jedward, would never have got to this stage. It's all about raising the standards."

Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger has also been at the boot camp standing in for new mum Dannii Minogue and Cheryl.

She has been helping Simon and Louis Walsh spot the potential dancers.

And our source added: "Simon knows a bit about dancing, but Louis isn't that clued up. Having Brian and Nicole there is certainly helping."

This week we told how girl group Husstle's singing and dancing already impressed the panel.

Meanwhile, Konnie Huq - host of spin-off show The Xtra Factor - relaxed with a book rather than dancing during a break in filming in London.

Earlier this week, Simon went on GMTV to reassure fans Cheryl is on the mend.

He said she was keen to get back to work but admitted: "It was serious and she was ill - we didn't realise how ill. The texts are getting increasingly feisty so she's obviously on the mend.

"Judging by the messages, she is really looking forward to going back to work."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/3063964/X-Factor-singers-will-have-to-dance-too-in-next-series.html#ixzz0uPUr5ZZ8

Post Reply Post Reply