I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Christmas cards on sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Christmas cards on sale
    Posted: 09 July 2010 at 07:42
We have a hose-pipe ban due any minute because of the heat and there are Christmas cards on sale in our town centre!
I know we all buy presents when we see them, heck I started knitting crocheting  and making tapestries just after the new year, but gosh, is it really necessary to have cards on sale? Those of us trying to save money buy them in the January sales anyway... One year I got my crackers so early, I forgot where I'd stashed them by Christmas.
Rose View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Madam Whiplash

Quote Rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2010 at 10:10
Toots - I got this years Christmas cards in Jan sale, so Im sorted ..

I too Crochet toots and have done so for to many years to remember and have piles of patternsbut I don't seem to get hold of any up to date patterns, do you know of anywhere to get them via the net ..
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2010 at 10:45

These are the ones I use Rose: No joining fee, just your e-mail... I have one I keep just for the internet shoppers and forums, but I never get spammed so these sites are quite safe.

freepatterns.com
knittingpatterncentral.com... often has links to crotchet
lionbrandyarn.com

I belong to the phoenix forum. Its a very friendly UK based forum with all the knitting sewing crotchet  topics you could wish for and loads of links on the free patterns thread the address is:www.knittingforums.org.uk

Another one I use for all types of craft work, especially getting ideas is www.craftbits.com and well worth a visti. Feel free to PM me if any of the links don't work. They didn't have pocket calculators when I was in school, let alone computers.
Rose View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Madam Whiplash

Quote Rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2010 at 19:23

Thanks Toots - will try these sites over the weekend ..
Laura View Drop Down
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
Posh (manipulative) Totty

Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2010 at 19:51
christmas cards already? gah!

i liked that the day the hosepipe ban was announced, it rained. and it's raining again now.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2010 at 11:30
I have just come back from the Blue Mountains in NSW where Christmas in July is a big tourist attraction / celebration. All the tourist gift shops there sell Christmas decorations etc for the Yulefest season now. I picked up some nice ceramic Christmas sweet / biscuit containers today from one of the shops.
Rose View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Madam Whiplash

Quote Rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2010 at 14:50

Sounds a good idea Margi .. Hope you are well etc ..
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2010 at 11:44
Christmas cards already? FFS! 
 Post Reply Post Reply