I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The X Factor 2013
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Konnie's got the Xtra Factor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Konnie's got the Xtra Factor
    Posted: 08 June 2010 at 08:41

Former Blue Peter presenter Konnie Huq announced as the new host of the Xtra Factor

By Chris Johnson
Last updated at 8:12 PM on 7th June 2010

Konnie%20Huq

Konnie Huq, pictured last month, is the new host of the Xtra Factor

Former Blue Peter presenter Konnie Huq has been announced as the new host of the Xtra Factor, the spin-off show of the X Factor.

The 34-year-old former children's TV presenter will be replacing Holly Willoughby on the ITV2 show, who is too busy with her commitments with This Morning to continue in the role.

There had been wide speculation that ITV was trying to poach BBC star Christine Bleakley for the role.

Caroline Flack, who presented the spin-off show for I'm A Celebrity last year had also been in the frame.

It will see Konnie in her most high-profile job since she left Blue Peter in 2008 after 11 years on the BBC programme.

She has also worked as a news presenter recently on the BBC Asian Network for the current affairs programme Asian Network Reports.

Today ITV officially announced Konnie will be the face of the entertainment programme as the show enters it seventh series.

Speaking of her appointment, Konnie said: 'I am delighted to be joining The Xtra Factor team.

'It's amazing to be a part of one of the most popular and well-loved shows on television and I can't wait to get started.'

Claire Zolkwer, ITV’s Commissioning Editor for Entertainment said: 'We're thrilled that Konnie is going to be joining Xtra Factor. 

'Her broadcast experience alongside her enthusiasm for the show will be a great asset to ITV2.'

Ben%20Shephard

Outgoing: Holly Willoughby, seen on the Xtra Factor in 2005 with Ben Shephard, is quitting the role to concentrate on her duties with This Morning

Richard Holloway, Head of Entertainment at talkbackTHAMES added: 'I’m delighted that Konnie is joining The Xtra Factor team. I’m sure she will bring her own distinctive style to the show.'

Konnie will join the team as auditions begin in Glasgow on Wednesday and will travel to venues across the country in the biggest talent search on television.

The series returns later in the summer. 

Blue%20Peter

Back in the day: Konnie as a Blue Peter presenter, seen here in 2001

Edited by Bren - 08 June 2010 at 08:53
 Post Reply Post Reply