I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > Television and Film
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Eurovision 2010: Oslo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eurovision 2010: Oslo
    Posted: 22 May 2010 at 23:56

Oh God, here it is again. The very thing that makes me feel like a stereotypical nancy, even more than doing dudes or the occasional splurge on moisturiser. Actually scratch that last bit - I bought some Nivea for men moisturiser off a shoplifter in the pub last weekend and you can't really call that splurging. Not on Nivea anyway. And don't judge me, we've all done it!

Sorry to say but things are looking grim this year. I like about three songs all in. I did only skim through the album but my criteria for winning were: 1. lady singer, 2. disco drums, 3. big chorus, and only three met that criteria so it's a bit of a scunner. I don't think we want to hear pretty and kindly faced but fat peasant woman in a wedding cake of a dress singing a folk ballad about the plight of her Viking ancestors. Well I don't know but that's immediately what I imagine if I hear a Eurovision song that starts with an acoustic guitar. Makes me vomit.

Let's focus on happier things for now, and remind ourselves of what Alexander Rybak, who won last year, looks like:

Do you KNOW what I MEAN? The saying 'the cops would have to pull me off him' was invented for Alexander Rybak.

Tups, keep your hands where I can see them, thanks.

I will just take this opportunity to inflict my two favourite Eurovision winners on you.

Sertab Erener, Turkey - WINNER, 2003

Helena Paparizou, Greece - WINNER, 2005

ETA: Sorry about some of the broken English in the upcoming posts, I just copied the info straight off Wikipedia. Never mind, it'll feel just like watching the actual show.

Edited by James - 26 May 2010 at 22:02
killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 23:59
It's back once again and after seeing us being placed in 5th overall last year, maybe there is hope...but then again we'll probably end up bottom once more...
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 00:06

Albania

Juliana Pasha - It's All About You

"It's All About You" is a song by Albanian singer Juliana Pasha, written by Ardit Gjebrea and Pirro Çako. The song, performed in Albanian as "Nuk mundem pa ty" (I can't live without you), was the winner of Festivali i Këngës 48 in December 2009, and will represent Albania at the Eurovision Song Contest 2010 in Oslo, Norway in May 2010.[1][2] On 16 March 2010 the final version was released, confirming the song will be performed in English.

Edited by James - 26 May 2010 at 22:05
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 00:09
I meant to say but Albania's flag is really manky.
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 00:15

Armenia

Eva Rivas - Apricot Stone

"Apricot Stone" is a song by Armenian-Russian singer Eva Rivas and will be the Armenian entry for the Eurovision Song Contest 2010 to be held in Oslo, Norway. The song was written by two former Eurovision songwriters: Armen Martirosyan, composer of "Without Your Love", the first Armenian Eurovision entry by André; and Karen Kavaleryan, six-time lyricist for five different countries.

Edited by James - 26 May 2010 at 22:06
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 00:25

Azerbaijan

Safura - Drip Drop

"Drip Drop" is a song by Azerbaijani singer Safura Alizadeh, written by Anders Bagge, Stefan Örn and Sandra Bjurman, and will represent Azerbaijan at the Eurovision Song Contest 2010 in May 2010. Alizadeh was chosen as the Azerbaijani singer after an open casting call and a national final, and her song selected by a jury from the Azeri broadcaster İctimai Televiziya və Radio Yayımları Şirkəti (İTV).
The music video for "Drip Drop" was presented on April 29, 2010. In April 2010 BIP Records released "Drip Drip" as a digital single in Belgium. The local radio channel MNM added the song to its playlist.
Euromedia and Luxen Group of Companies on behalf of İTV received many remix offers for "Drip Drop". Taking a selective attitude, they approached DJs Maverick and Alex Guerrero for the assignment. Their remixes went in rotation on various European radio stations. Željko Joksimović was asked to make a Balkan version of the song.

Edited by James - 26 May 2010 at 22:19
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 00:33

Bosnia & Herzegovina

Vukasin Brajic - Thunder and Lightning

"Thunder and Lightning" (Bosnian: Munja i grom) is a song composed by Dino Šaran, Ulvija Tanović and Vukašin Brajić, and performed by Brajić. It will be the Bosnia and Herzegovina entry at the Eurovision Song Contest 2010, performed in English.
The song was selected internally by Bosnian national broadcaster Radiotelevizija Bosne i Hercegovine (BHRT) from between 80 and 100 songs submitted to the broadcaster. Brajić was announced as the Bosnian entry on January 11, and both the English and Bosnian versions of the song were presented on March 14, 2010. Originally in Bosnian, it was confirmed on 17 March that Brajić will perform the song at Eurovision in English.

Edited by James - 26 May 2010 at 22:19
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 00:39

Belgium

Tom Dice - Me and My Guitar

"Thunder and Lightning" (Bosnian: Munja i grom) is a song composed by Dino Šaran, Ulvija Tanović and Vukašin Brajić, and performed by Brajić. It will be the Bosnia and Herzegovina entry"Me and My Guitar" is a song composed by Tom Dice, Ashley Hickin and Jeroen Swinnen and performed by Tom Dice, and will represent Belgium at the Eurovision Song Contest 2010 in May 2010 in Oslo, Norway. "Me and My Guitar" was first presented on 7 March on the show Eurosong 2010: een song voor Tom Dice!, broadcast by Belgium broadcaster VRT.
On 20 March, "Me and My Guitar" entered the Flemish Ultratop 50 singles chart at number 2, and the Walloon Ultratop 40 at number 24. The following week, Tom went to number one in Flanders and number 18 in Wallonia.

Edited by James - 26 May 2010 at 22:20
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 00:42
Oh it's too hot. I'll go away and come back when I've cooled down a bit.
Tups View Drop Down
Swallows
Swallows
The Queen Of Tarts

Quote Tups Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 18:49
James.. you are a star.. nay.. a SUPERSTAR.. even if you are a bit snotty at the mo.
Looking forward to this next week.. Jnr said summat about going out but I shall remind her, her place is here with us.. think she's forgotten what weekend it is!
Damn the bunnies.. they've nicked my F and G keys.. bloody hard to type without them!
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 16:55
Right, I'm still feeling under the weather so will just crack on with posting these songs and get it finished.
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 16:59
Originally posted by Tups

James.. you are a star.. nay.. a SUPERSTAR.. even if you are a bit snotty at the mo.
Looking forward to this next week.. Jnr said summat about going out but I shall remind her, her place is here with us.. think she's forgotten what weekend it is!
Damn the bunnies.. they've nicked my F and G keys.. bloody hard to type without them!

By the looks of things I might still be holed up anyway! Wouldn't miss it for anything.
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 17:04

Bulgaria

Miroslav 'Miro' Kostadinov - Angel Si Ti (You're An Angel)

"Angel si ti" (Bulgarian Cyrillic: Ангел си ти; English translation: "You are an angel") is a song composed and performed by Miro (Miroslav Kostadinov), with lyrics by Mihail Mihailov, and will represent Bulgaria at the Eurovision Song Contest 2010. The song was selected on 28 February from five songs performed by Kostadinov, with "Angel si ti" winning over 48% of the total televotes collected.

James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 17:08

Belarus

3+2 - Butterflies

"Butterflies" is a song, written by Maxim Fadeev and Malka Chaplin and performed by Belarusian group 3+2, and will be the Belarusian entry at the Eurovision Song Contest 2010, which will be held in Bærum, Norway in May 2010. 3+2 had been internally selected in March 2010 to represent Belarus in the contest by the Belarusian broadcaster BTRC, initially with the song "Far Away". However, on 19 March it was announced that 3+2 had changed their song for the contest, and would now be singing "Butterflies" in the first semi-final on 25 May.

James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 17:11

Switzerland

Michael von der Heide - Il Pleut De L'or

"Il pleut de l'or" (French pronunciation: [il plø də lɔʁ], It's Raining Gold) is a song sung by Michael von der Heide and composed by the singer, Pele Lorriano and Heike Kospach. It will represent Switzerland at the Eurovision Song Contest 2010 in Oslo, Norway. It was first presented on 9 January 2010 at the SwissAwards show.
Von der Heide will be backed in Oslo by singer Amanda Nikolić, former member of Swiss girlgroup Tears, Freda Goodlett and Sybille Fässler.
English and German versions were released by Von der Heide at a later stage.The German version, entitled Es regnet Gold was released 12 April 2010.

Edited by James - 26 May 2010 at 22:21
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 17:17

Cyprus

Jon Lilygreen & The Islanders - Life Looks Better In Spring

"Life Looks Better in Spring" is a song composed by Nasos Lambrianides and Melis Konstantinou. The song, produced by Jon Gregory and performed by Jon Lilygreen and The Islanders, will represent Cyprus at the Eurovision Song Contest 2010, competing in the second semi-final on 27 May. The song was the winner of the Cypriot national selection, held on 7 February.

Edited by James - 26 May 2010 at 22:22
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>