I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The X Factor 2013
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dermot desperate to host US X Factor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dermot desperate to host US X Factor
    Posted: 18 May 2010 at 13:49

Dermot desperate to host US X Factor 

Published: Today

DERMOT O'Leary has revealed he is desperate to front the US version of The X Factor - but fears Simon Cowell will give the job to an American presenter.

The 36-year-old star has had a series of meetings in Los Angeles about the show.

But Simon has yet to confirm any signings. Dermot told today's Closer magazine: "I would do anything to get on that show - but I think Simon will go with an American presenter. It's a bummer."

There is still a chance Dermot will front the show, which launches on Fox next year, along with other stars from the British version.

Cheryl Cole, 26, has been tipped for a judge's role alongside Simon.

Even Louis Walsh, 57, is thought to be in the frame.

But it is understood that music mogul Simon, 50, does not want the talent show to be too Brit heavy.

James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 17:27
Oh God NO. Laura will want to lynch me but I think hosting the UK version is more than enough. I'm not a fan anyway but this desperation is really making me dislike him more.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 19:58
They've got plenty of American presenters out there, more than good enough for the job.
don't rate Dermot at all!!
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Laura View Drop Down
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
Posh (manipulative) Totty

Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 22:26
Dermot is totally and utterly wasted on the X Factor, don't want to see him whoring himself out on our version, let alone the US version
 Post Reply Post Reply