I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The X Factor 2013
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Diana Vickers celebrates her first NO 1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diana Vickers celebrates her first NO 1
    Posted: 26 Apr 2010 at 09:44

Diana Vickers celebrates her first No.1 single with red wine and doughnuts with friends

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 8:44 AM on 26th April 2010

She was knocked out of the 2008 series of The X Factor in the semi-final.

But Diana Vickers showed she didn't need the talent show Goliath behind her as she shot straight to the top of the charts with her debut single.

Her track Once knocked previous number one Usher's OMG off the top spot when the official charts were announced yesterday evening.

Diana%20Vickers

Excited: A clearly proud Diana Vickers celebrates reaching number one with her debut single Once with some red wine with friends at an Italian restaurant

Diana%20Vickers

Deserved: Diana takes a big gulp of the wine following the success of her single

And clearly in the mood to celebrate, Vickers decided to take her friends to an Italian restaurant in London, where they enjoyed a meal and wine.

OFFICIAL UK CHART, TOP 10 SINGLES

1. Diana Vickers - Once
2. Usher - OMG
3. Chipmunk - Until You Were Gone
4. Plan B - She Said
5. Scouting for Girls - This Ain't A Love Song
6. Professor Green - I Need You Tonight
7. Kelis - Acapella
8. Timbaland - Carry out
9. Tina Turner - The Best
10. Selena Gomez & The Scene - Naturally

The 18-year-old singer couldn't keep the smile from her face as she chatted to friends keen to congratulate her, as well as taking calls from those who couldn't be there in person.

Vickers also held up a homemade congratulations card, drawn with black pen on a piece of paper torn from a notepad, as she sat in the restaurant.

Earlier in the day, Vickers had been photographed celebrating her success as she carried a bumper box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts from Harrods.

Vickers signed a record deal in March last year, but was given permission to put the recording of her album on hold so she could star in the West End production of Little Voice, for which she received rave reviews.

During her time on the X Factor, Vickers stood apart from the other candidates for her insistence on performing in bare feet and 'The Claw', the nickname for her bizarre hand movements while singing.

In a recent interview, she promised fans she would try to tone down her 'claw'.

She said: 'The claw - oh God. I don't even know why I do it, I have no idea. I literally just go free when I'm singing and I do really weird things.

Diana%20Vickers

Celebration: The X Factor star looks at a homemade card congratulating her one reaching the chart top spot

Diana%20Vickers

Worried: Diana looks slightly concerned as a friend attempts to take away her mobile phone

'I haven't even sung live for ages as me, as Diana, so there might be some new movements popping up somewhere. I don't know, we'll see.'

She caused controversy when producers gave her special permission to 'sit out' week five after contracting laryngitis, which some viewers deemed unfair to the other finalists.

X%20Factor%20star%20Dianna%20Vickers%20is%20seen%20here%20arriving%20at%20BBC%20Radio%201%20%20%20this%20afternoon%20to%20appear%20on%20the%20chart%20show
Diana%20Vickers%20

Hungry: The singer had been seen toting a bag full of gooey doughnuts earlier in the day, but was later seen holding the empty box

She was eliminated from the ITV show during the semi-final after losing the public vote.

Her exit culminated with her rumoured boyfriend Eoghan Quigg breaking down in tears as the pair hugged each other tightly on stage.

As a result of their close friendship, Vickers split from boyfriend Chris Jones while on the show.

Vickers is now dating a musical theatre actor/singer, but has refused to publicly name him.

%20Diana%20Vickers%20and%20her%20boyfriend%20pictured%20leaving%20War%20horse%20at%20%20%20the%20New%20London%20Theatre

New romance: After her brief fling with Eoghan Quigg, Vickers is now dating a mystery man who works in the theatre

In hindsight, Vickers is now grateful she didn't win the show.

She told Fabulous magazine: 'I'm so grateful I didn't win. I think the originality is stripped away from those who do make it.

'Between then and now, I've been given time to grow, do Little Voice, which I'd never been able to do had I won.'

Daily Mail

Edited by Bren - 26 Apr 2010 at 09:45
killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2010 at 17:35
Hate to say I told you so, James is gonna go mad over this!
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
Timbo View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Timbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 08:29
Some reality show "losers" do benefit, a good example is Lemar.

Sadly, it's all going to end on Sunday as Usher is set to reclaim the number one spot.   According to midweek charts that is.
From Timbo
Check me out on Facebook (tim.pardington) or follow timpinwimbledon on Twitter.
 Post Reply Post Reply