I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The X Factor 2013
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Simon puts wedding on hold for X Factor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Simon puts wedding on hold for X Factor
    Posted: 25 Apr 2010 at 14:02

By James Desborough, 25/04/2010

Telly judge Simon Cowell has given his verdict on speculation that he'll get married this summer... and it's a NO.

The lifelong bachelor, 50, has decided to put the US launch of the X Factor before tying the knot with fiancée Mezghan Hussainy.

Instead of finding rings and venues, Simon will be seeking judges and talent for his new reality show, which starts in autumn 2011.

BEST%20MAN?%20With%20bruv%20tony
Best Man? with bruv Tony

And that means Afghan- born Mezghan, 37, may have to wait another TWO YEARS to get him down the aisle.

Simon's close pal and reality judge Nigel Lythgoe, 60, said about the X Factor and Britain's Got Talent supremo: "He won't be getting married this year - and he doesn't need to rush into it anyway.

"Simon has a lot to do. He has to prepare himself for the American X Factor, to try to create the next biggest show there, and he'll be fully focused."

But his decision might not go down well with mum Julie, 82, who has been helping plan FOUR wedding receptions for her son - in LA, Hollywood, Barbados and his home town Brighton.

The delay may also be due partly to Simon's pre-wedding nerves and the fact he has only been with Mezghan for a few months, according to American Idol producer Nigel.

He said: "Maybe he's just gearing himself up. He hasn't really known Mezghan for that long. But she was my make-up artist for six years and she and Simon are a good fit. They can make fun of each other.

"He knew Terri (Simon's ex Terri Seymour) for an awful lot longer. It must have been hard enough to propose for him."

Nigel also revealed when Simon does get hitched he'll dash the best-man hopes of his Britain's Got Talent co-star Piers Morgan.

Piers recently said: "It would be an absolute honour to be asked. I know I would make his day." But Nigel told us: "I'm sure Simon will choose his brother Tony instead."

Simon's protégé Leona Lewis is hoping to sing at his wedding, saying: "I performed at his birthday party so he may ask me again."

And other X Factor stars are jostling for invites too, including Jedward - blasted by Cowell during last year's show.

The tone-deaf 18-year-olds said: "We should be the ring bearers and look after the rings."

Perhaps that's another reason why Simon wants to delay his big day...

NOTW

Post Reply Post Reply