I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Big Brother 11 - General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shock leader in BB favourite HM poll

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shock leader in BB favourite HM poll
    Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 11:12
Your favourite BB housemate ever is, er..
Rachel Rice ?

By LUCY CONNOLLY

Published: Today

FORMER Big Brother winner Rachel Rice will shock the reality show's fans again - she has been voted the most-loved contestant EVER.

The Welsh lass - dubbed "the boring one" by fellow housemates before her surprise victory in 2008 - got the most nominations in a TV Biz online poll.

Nikki%20screams
Gobby ... Nikki Grahame
Channel 4

Big Brother bosses had asked us to help decide which old faces to bring back for the final series BB: The End.

Rachel, 26, is not the first person that comes to mind when thinking about classic characters from the show.

Her lack of sparkling wit and conversation didn't help win her friends on BB9. But she defied the housemates' predictions, and the bookies, to be crowned the winner.

And now, after ten days of polling, our readers have voted her their favourite to return to the Channel 4 show. All we can think is that pretty Rachel (who got 28 per cent of the vote) must have a lot of nice pals who voted for her.

Channel 4 chiefs are desperate for BB: The End to go out with a bang - so wisely plan to invite a few other old favourites back.

BRIAN%20DOWLING
TV star ... Brian Dowling
E4

Luckily for viewers, hot on Rachel's heels is loudmouth Nikki Grahame, 27, (18 per cent), followed by Irish telly presenter Brian Dowling, 31, (16 per cent).

In fourth is Tourettes sufferer Pete Bennett, 28. Scraping in a low fifth and sixth place are surgically enhanced blonde Aisleyne Horgan-Wallace, 31, (six per cent) and DJ Kate Lawler, 29, (three per cent).

Nasty Nick Bateman, 42, who was universally hated in BB1 for trying to influence votes, came in seventh (2.98 per cent) followed by Brian Belo, 22, (2.80 per cent) and Michelle Bass, 29, (2.01 per cent).

Fans are still wincing from the memory of big-boobed 2009 winner Sophie Reade, 20 - only half a per cent want her back in the house.

Ex-nun Anna Nolan, 39, (0.36 per cent) and Scouse builder Craig Phillips, 38, (0.41 per cent) from series one were also a turn-off.

Bottom of the pile came Ray Shah, 32, (0.05 per cent) who was the 2003 runner-up to Scot Cameron Stout.

But Cameron, 39, also scraped a low 0.22 per cent of the votes.

We will be handing our vote dossier to Big Brother chiefs.

But don't panic if your favourite former contestant is not among the top crop - you can still vote here.

The Sun

Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 12:29
You have to be kidding me. Though my guess would be that a lot of people who watched and enjoyed the first 3 series slowly dropped off the BB radar after not enjoying the later shows. Meaning that the people voting are those who didnt know the amazingness of the original shows. 
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 12:51
nah they are just having a larf surely?
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 12:53
They should just put in Kate and Alex and then at least they know all the crazies will be watching. 
Timbo View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Timbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 13:57
Nikki should be top, surely!!!!
From Timbo
Check me out on Facebook (tim.pardington) or follow timpinwimbledon on Twitter.
moonshine View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote moonshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 15:41
god no nikki would  be at the bottom of the my list

top  for me in no order

johnny (should have won)
dan (year nadia won)
craig (first winner)

moonshine
Timbo View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Timbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2010 at 11:12
Emma Greenwood, who was in BB5, worked for the company I work in in Wimbledon last year - for the same length of time that she was in the BB House actually in 2004 - exactly 22 days.
From Timbo
Check me out on Facebook (tim.pardington) or follow timpinwimbledon on Twitter.
 Post Reply Post Reply