I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > The Theatre & Music Room
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Robyn to release three albums in 2010

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Robyn to release three albums in 2010
    Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 16:10

Robyn to release three albums in 2010

Swedish pop starlet announces fifth album ... and sixth ... and seventh. No word yet on her eighth and ninth LPs. Lazy, work-shy girl ...

Swedish pop star Robyn has announced her fifth album, due this summer. Never one for modesty, the With Every Heartbeat singer also announced albums six and seven.

"I got all these great songs, so why not?" she said. It has been half a decade since Robyn's self-titled album was released in Sweden, where she has been a star since the 1990s. Three years ago, the album was reissued in the UK – and a couple of British hits followed. While the 30-year-old has since toured with Madonna, performed with Röyksopp and collaborated with Snoop Dogg, mostly Robyn has been writing songs. "I didn't want to wait ... until they [were] all recorded, so I decided to start putting them out right away," she said.

Robyn has now promised three albums in 2010, the first being Body Talk Pt 1. That eight-song LP will be released on 7 June, together with opening single Dancing On My Own. The album features one Swedish traditional song, one Diplo-produced dancefloor-mover, and one track that's already streaming at her site. Bloggers are already buzzing about the opening track, Don't Fucking Tell Me What to Do, although they haven't heard it. This is presumably because they enjoy profanity.

Producers Kleerup and Klas Ahlund are said to be joining Diplo and Röyksopp on the three albums, and Robyn will soon announce a series of concerts and festival appearances. " can't wait to play live again and this enables me to tour and record at the same time," she said. "I just want to keep making music."

Source

James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 16:30
I saw the track listing for the first album on another site - 8 tracks? It'll be interesting to know what they'll be punted for; it definitely shouldn't be full price. Robyn's albums are very hit & miss for me so I hope she's exercising some quality control because she could easily put out an album of 12-14 high quality tracks and use the rest as B-sides. 
 Post Reply Post Reply