I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Big Brother 11 - General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BB USA shows us how it should be done

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BB USA shows us how it should be done
    Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 12:04
Big Brother 12 Casting Director interview with Robyn Kass from Kassting Inc. She offers up some great Casting tips when applying to Big Brother Season 12 or and reality related program.

The Producers are looking for a dynamic group of individuals who are articulate, interesting and exhibit enthusiasm for the project as well as a willingness to share their most private thoughts in an open forum of strangers. This group of individuals, while meeting the technical requirements of the program, must also have sufficient physical, psychological, and mental capacity to endure approximately 100 days in a monitored house under extraordinary conditions.

articulate, interesting and enthusiastic <WE'VE NEVER HAD PEOPLE LIKE THAT ON BB!

There are a few eligibility requirements that must be met before applying for the show, such as being at least 21 years old at the time of the application (nice lie Natalie from BB11), being willing to live your life on camera with no privacy for 100 days, and be willing to travel at your own expense to Los Angeles for interviews in the semi-finals, if selected by the producers. The eligibility requirements also discuss the weekly stipend that House Guests (aside from the winner and runner-up) receive for being on the show. House Guests will receive about $750 a week, meaning the third place winner would take home roughly $9000 for 12 weeks of taping <WHOA!!!!   

SOURCE

Note that it's a casting company not producers, who decide on the housemates.

BB USA take it very seriously. That's why, when the US housemates are reading out the tasks, it's slick and professional and looks as if they're auditioning for a presenter's role (which they probably are!) whereas our lot can barely cope with anything longer than two syllables

The right selection of housemates (a la Celebrity Big Brother this year) is imperative. Get that right and Big Brother 1 will go out (at least on Channel 4) with a bang!

Edited by Alex - 19 Mar 2010 at 12:05
godisacelt View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote godisacelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 16:53
think your right u do need the right mix  of housemates to make a good big brother i think bb9 had a good mix so did bb5 you need the crazy housemates as much as the bossy snouty annoying ones but sensible ones.  Think  it would be interesting to see professionals in there can you imagine a top lawyer or perhaps a doctor in bb oo the ridicule i'd love it minx that i am .Big%20smile
pinklady46 View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote pinklady46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2010 at 15:14
BB usa is a bit different to ours they don,t have the live audiance and are allowed to discuss nomitions in front of each other once the HM has been chosen they are out front door no one to meet them
you have to be in it to win it Big Brother here i come
 Post Reply Post Reply