I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > The Theatre & Music Room
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your favourite dance tunes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your favourite dance tunes
    Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 14:36
Starting with mine. I love dance music, specifically club music, from 70s disco right through 80s Hi-NRG to current house music. This thread is more about house music, from the 90s til now. I know Alex and Bren love it too but everyone else join in if you have something you like. I'm going to look for things on YouTube to post now.
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 14:46
This is a current favourite. I love all the percussion, acoustic guitar bits and sassy-ass lyrics.

James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 15:06
Loving this also, it's a nice bouncy little tune that puts me in a good mood on the way to work:

James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 15:15
OMG I forgot I had this, I need to update my iPod ASAP!

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 15:17
Currently, I do be loving Trina - Million Dollar Girl (Feat. Diddy & Keri Hilson)

The vid has to be THE nastiest, cheapest one I've seen in a long while and looks anything but a million dollars but I've got the mp3 if anyone wants it.

I think everyone wants to be Beyonce! But from first listen it's really catchy but it also owes more than a lot to 'No Air'. This is prob why Lady Gaga is so popular, she makes an effort

There's a great website I used to use and only recently rediscovered, when I know how to disguise the link, I'll post it, there's a clampdown on downloading music so be very careful if posting links

Talking of Lady Gaga (might post this in a new thread, as I'm feeling we need one just for her) this was the Gaga when she was plain old Stephanie Germanotta) back in 2005.

Check out the comment at the end: "Norah Jones, look out!"
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 15:26
More like 'Madonna, look out!'

I love Gaga so much, she really is properly talented. Although her songs don't seem to work as well when remixed - I always prefer the originals and you know how much I love a good dance remix. Maybe she should give the Freemasons a go.
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 15:29
I posted this on another thread. This is the sort of tune that has me strutting down Bath Street imagining I'm in the video and desperately trying not to lipsynch to it (it's a busy street, people already think I'm weird as it is)

James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 15:32
I posted this on YouTube and have had nothing but positive comments on it. So many versions of this floating about but this remix tops the lot for me. It's from the late 90s I think.

James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 15:46
Kelis - Acapella. Watch out for this exploding sometime soon.

James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 15:51
ALL TIME FAVOURITE

Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 16:21
love this one at the mo

and this one

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 16:34
putting all these on my ipod

Used to use keepvid but it's been playing up so using mp3bubble converter instead
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 16:38
I can send you the mp3s if you like
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 16:44
oh your new big capacity Ipod!!
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 16:53
It's this one he's got, Bren

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 16:55
1oh yeah, 60GB baby! size DOES matter!

Only 2,000 tunes on it though and it's messed up my music videos (Telephone has completely vanished), did the home sharing thing on my old laptop to transfer songs over but it didn't like it and only 'shared' 900 songs (out of 18,000)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>