I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > The Theatre & Music Room
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RIP my ipod, I loved it so

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RIP my ipod, I loved it so
    Posted: 09 Mar 2010 at 14:44
after days and days of work and perfecting it and deleting the crud, it went and selfishly died on me  :(

I tired to resusitate it by pushing the menu and play things down but it didn't respond

I've made an appointment at the genius bar at Apple where no doubt some geeky iphone bore will perform the last rites and take it away, only to bring it back to life secretly in his nerd lab and keep all my 'banging toons'' for himself (hope he realises that Mmm bop and Crossroads are ironic and not really my ting Whistle)

If I hear one more more Bad Romance mash up Angry

However, Lady G with Human League works really well

hope these links work!

http://www.filedropper.com/aplusddontyouwantmybadromance

As does Gossip vs Kiss with I was born for a heavy cross, this mash up is so perfect, I have no idea what either of the original tracks sound like but am loving this

http://www.filedropper.com/iwasmadeforaheavycross

I think we need a dance music or music share thread with the links disabled for guest but visible when you log in as a member (yes, I saw this on another site and it's a great idea)

Edited by Alex - 09 Mar 2010 at 14:45
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 11:35
That's for all the replies, I'm overwhelmed *aherm*

Took my sick ipod in for repair to the geek bar (I think I actually called it the geek bar when I was there) Come to think of it, what IS the right name for it? Anyway, had an appointment and some overly bouncey American girl told me she'd be right with me. I didn't want her to deal with it so pretended I needed to look at something and grabbed the least nerdy guy who was free.
The upshot was that the ipod (80GB classic) was completely dead, just like that. Sudden terminal illness.

The choices you have, get a like for like as 'Sir, we don't produce this model anymore' (as if I'd brought in a wind up gramophone) you give their yours, buy a similar one (they keep in 'in the back' probably in a brown paper bag to hide it's shameful ancientness) fork out £75 with a measly 90 day warranty AND the ipod could have been reconditioned

or

give them their own one for a 10% discount and lay out £212 for a new 160GB one (I spent an extra £39 for an extended 1 yr warranty, which proved to be a good idea as I dropped it three times before I got home).

The sad fact is that my economy drive since NY has now cost me more money than I'd spent in the previous year (and it's only March!) but at least I'll be on the streets begging for money with my shiny new ipod to keep me company.

I'm the only person I know who doesn't enjoy being in an Apple store, the geeks were lucky they didn't offer to sell me an iphone Angry
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 13:05
Yeah I'll reply later. gotta rush to work. A dance music thread is right up my street, we should start one soon.
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 00:30
I haven't heard any Bad Romance mash-ups and I don't care to. They'll probably just stick the vox on top of a Can't Get You Out Of My Head instrumental anyway, all the lazy swines do that. EVEN NOW.

And OMG do you means Crossroads by Blazin' Squad? DELETE PLEASE. Replace it with Flip Reverse which everyone knows is much better. Also, it's about *puts it delicately* anal sex. I didn't get that until recently. Oh. Not the...um...oh forget it.

Too bad about you being on the streets and all that but just give me a shout because there's a big roll of bin bags under the sink in work I could give you to sew together to make a blanket. Sorry but you're too old to be a rent boy, neither use nor ornament, but as always I am on hand to help - Homeless London.

You, tomorrow:

Dead of the consumption and younger than Corey Haim :(

Fonsecn View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Fonsecn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2011 at 08:11
Originally posted by James

Yeah I'll reply later. gotta rush to work.ipad 2 cases
ipad 2 cases leather
iPad2 cases A dance music thread is right up my street, we should start one soon.

And OMG do you means Crossroads by Blazin' Squad? DELETE PLEASE. Replace it with Flip Reverse which everyone knows is much better. Also, it's about *puts it delicately* anal sex. I didn't get that until recently. Oh. Not the...um...oh forget it.

Edited by Fonsecn - 02 Apr 2011 at 08:11
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2011 at 13:51
We had to fork out £120.00 for my daughters ipod at the Apple shop here in Norwich, cos i unfortunately washed it with her bedding at 60degrees C!
we could get all the apps off it , just no screen anymore,
anyway (reconditioned??) at the apple store with 90 days guarantee, it lasted a month,- screen kept freezing tho,  took it back last week, got a new one!!- hope this lasts longer  (it's a 32 gb)

Edited by deborah31 - 02 Apr 2011 at 13:52
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
SkatingSam22 View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote SkatingSam22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2011 at 21:54
Ouch @ washing it in her bedding!! I dropped my iPhone in the sink, needless to say it didn't work after that! hehe
Twitter: Misdiagnosed
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 08:43
also i read for wet/washed ipods, put them in a sealed container with rice to dry them out for a few days, i heard this tip, several days too late for us, but it worked a little to some extent.
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Ada45 View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Ada45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2011 at 02:05
Originally posted by Fonsecn

Originally posted by James

Yeah I'll reply later. gotta rush to work.ipad 2 cases
ipad 2 cases leather
iPad2 cases A dance music thread is right up my street, we should start one soon.

You telling right and you also told dance music, really good news for everyone.
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2011 at 00:50
CORRECT
 Post Reply Post Reply