I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Goodies > Food and Drink
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I mixed up pre cooked pasta with fresh pasta

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
veronica View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote veronica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I mixed up pre cooked pasta with fresh pasta
    Posted: 09 Mar 2010 at 22:30
If you put a teaspoon of cooking oil in the water the sheets should not stick together.
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2010 at 12:19
You know I mean it all with love in my heart AHEM

I mean this with a big shouty face too - LIQUIDISE THE DAMN SOUP
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2010 at 11:25
can you kindly shut your face? thx ever so much

Damn you Books etc for having a closing down sale and forcing me to buy 5 a day fruit & veg cookbook knowing full well it was written by SATAN!

*shakes fist at the sky*

gave the cookbook once last chance to redeem itself (& me) yesterday and made watercress soup, which was a royal pain again!

You have to strip the leaves from the stalks which took forever as my leaves were tiny! I did everything by the book (apart from chopping the stalks Whistle ) and it ended up tasting like grass, not even lovely fresh wheatgrass but grass from the verge of a motorway where dogs had pissed on it AND it didn't blend properly so when you lifted the spoon out, strings of stalks wound round the spoon

Jamie Oliver, your job is safe, never cooking again!

James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2010 at 22:33
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2010 at 21:44
THREE hours making chicken and broccoli lasangne (first time!) and for some reason I thought pre cooked meant not dried pasta and from the chiller section. The piss was well and truly extracted (& will for a long time to come no doubt) People had to scrap the filling out.

I knew something was wrong when I tapped the top of the lasange as it came out of the oven and it cracked

I have honestly never heard of pasta sheets beng cooked then used, wouldn't they all stick together?

annoyed Angry
 Post Reply Post Reply