I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Goodies > Food and Drink
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How do you like your coffee?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you like your coffee?
    Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 13:41
or cappuccino if you live down south...Wink

Best reply I heard to the question - How do you like your coffee? was

Like my men, in an air tight bag, stored in my freezer LOL

Quite partial to a latte macchiato with more emphasis on the latte, not a fan of pukka expresso coffee at all (even though I know it's the 'in' thing to have at restaurants) Having said that, I wouldn't ask for a cappuccino after a meal in the evening as I think being chucked out on my arse onto the street is not a good look.
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 14:08
Black Americano no sugar and no instant muck Puke
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 14:26
I love it in a lot of ways, but I'll stick to coffee in this thread. I love it black, no sugar. That's the main way for me to have it. In the mornings, 2 espressos while I'm getting ready. I'm drinking a latte macchiato right now actually, from my Nescafe Dolce Gusto machine. I don't know how close it is to the real deal but it's pretty nice.

I also love it flavoured with caramel, hazelnut, whatever there is, and that should have cream in it.

When it comes to instant, I'm not really snobbish about it - I hate Nescafe's instant, Gold Blend, whatever, and Mellow Birds is rank. I quite like Carte Noire instant because that has a nice smoky flavour to it. Douwe Egberts is also alright.

The best REAL coffee I've had is Guatemalan Huehuetenango that was in Somefield's fancypants range but they're now mostly gone.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 14:28
frappuccino in the summer and Starbucks black cherry mocha xmas (though meanly they've limited it over xmas ) can be very sweet but I tihnk you need that in winter

I did have the caramel xmas one in NY but it was crazy sweet

like to have about half a teaspoon of sugar, mainly to see if it sits on the foam (pukka sign of good foam) and also because no one has sugar and it's good to be a bit contrary nod
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 14:42
Originally posted by James

I also love it flavoured with caramel, hazelnut, whatever there is, and that should have cream in it.

love flavoured coffees even though in my heart i know it's wrong

This is my baby

http://www.1st-line.net/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=ValentLevetta

though mine only has one knob Shocked   and a green button instead for the hot water (at least I think it's hot water, never used it) if you misalign the thing that holds the coffee then it gets stuck and you're a bit stuffed as it's wedged in forever, plus it only takes distilled water, which I hope isn't harmful as I've often swilled it out the bottle by mistake (keep it in an evian bottle as someone gets it for me from their work)

best milkl to make foam s semi skimmed, go on, someone dare argue against that!

Instant coffee I don't mind if nothing else is available, Kenco is prob fave one

here's a tip, in those cappuccino instant packs then give you a little plastic tube of chocolate powder, carefully prise lid off and fill with cinnamon (fave, yum) or proper cadburys powder to sprinkle over coffee
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 15:08
this is more or less my coffee machine

Here

Like to grind my own beans and really dont like instant but if i do have it then usually Dowe Egberts

I don't mind flavoured coffee and can recommend these Here  they do beans or several types of grounds and also several type of pods on their normal coffee love the Italian High Roast

As for Froth IF you really cool skimmed milk to near freezing then it froths up really creamy
Rose View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Madam Whiplash

Quote Rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 15:55

Im not a great drinker of coffee because I have to have sugar in it ( no matter how mild ), in tea I have none ..
Any black coffee or the odd cappuccino is ok for me ..
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 16:07
Originally posted by Bren

this is more or less my coffee machineHere

That one is very similar to my old one but for some reason it started to actually spray the coffee out all over the place whenever I made an espresso. It gave up the ghost just before Christmas so I got

It uses pods but I don't mind that because you can't get it wrong then, and there's a nice variety of different coffees for it. The hot chocolate is also lovely, although I usually add a flavoured Options sachet just for a change.
 Post Reply Post Reply