I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing With The Stars - 2010
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Astronaut Buzz Aldrin To Dance With Stars

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Astronaut Buzz Aldrin To Dance With Stars
    Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 13:17
// // LOGIN_URL="https://webauth.sky.com/registration/login!doDefault.action?key=33becc30c92efc519d2216f6b49369a1&rebound=/skynews/Home/Showbiz-News/Astronaut-Buzz-Aldrin-To-Compete-In-Dancing-With-The-Stars-US-Version-Of-Strictly-Come-Dancing/Article/201003115564833?lpos=Showbiz_News_Article_Body_Copy_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15564833_Astronaut_Buzz_Aldrin_To_Compete_In_Dancing_With_The_Stars%2C_US_Version_Of_Strictly_Come_Dancing"; //]]>

12:42pm UK, Tuesday March 02, 2010

Hannah Stott, Sky News Online

Astronaut Buzz Aldrin will take one quick step for man when he joins the celebrity line up on US TV show Dancing With The Stars.

Buzz%20aldrin

Moondancer: Buzz Aldrin was the second man on the Moon

The legendary spaceman will be the oldest contestent on the series ever at the age of 80.

Aldrin, the second man on the Moon after Neil Armstrong, is one of the better known celebrities competing in the spring season of the US version of Strictly Come Dancing.

Pamela%20anderson

Pam gets some dance practice in earlier in the month in New York

Baywatch favourite Pamela Anderson and actress Shannen Doherty have also signed up to the dance competition.

Completeing the line-up are Olympic gold medal figure skater Evan Lysacek, sportscaster Erin Andrews, Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger, American football star Chad Ochocinco, actors Aiden Turner and Niecy Nash and reality TV stars Kate Gosselin and Jake Pavelka.

terrip View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote terrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 14:10
I don't think Buzz is the oldest ever contestant - I think Cloris Leachman was well into her 80s when she participated a few seasons ago with Corky Ballas.

Edited by terrip - 02 Mar 2010 at 14:10
Terri P
Tups View Drop Down
Swallows
Swallows
The Queen Of Tarts

Quote Tups Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 10:11
should be a good series, but there are some that seem to have the edge already with dance ability, such as Evan Lyzaceck and Nicole Schlerzinger Pussy Cat doll.. surprised to see Evan there as he will just be back from Winter Olympics .. sooo looking forward to the series.. I much prefer it to Strictly.. seems soo much smoother and professional in comparison.. I suppose Len and Bruno will be back judging???
Tups View Drop Down
Swallows
Swallows
The Queen Of Tarts

Quote Tups Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 10:13
where is Dmetri this season??????????
love his routines with Chelsea Hightower!
terrip View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote terrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 10:32
Do we know which pros are in the season and who is dancing with whom?  I know from twitter that Lacey isn't dancing this season.  Is Julianne back?
Terri P
terrip View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote terrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 10:33
OK - I just found it on the web:

1. Nicole Scherzinger and Derek Hough
2. Aiden Turner and Edyta Sliwinska
3. Niecy Nash and Louis Van Amstel
4. Shannen Doherty and Mark Ballas
5. Kate Gosselin and Tony Dovolani
6. Erin Andrews and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
7. Buzz Aldrin and Ashly Costa
8. Evan Lysacek and Anna Trebunskaya
9. Jake Pavelka and Chelsie Hightower
10. Chad Ochocinco and Cheryl Burke
11. Pamela Anderson and Damian Whitewood