I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > Television and Film > Soap Box
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Christian/Syed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PintOfPartridge View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Online Status: Offline
  Quote PintOfPartridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Christian/Syed
    Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 17:33
Yeah same here. It's becoming a good way to educate children into a changing world I think. It's a brave choice and they've done brilliantly.
Love the JP!
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 01:52
I don't think it is unsuitable at all. The straight couples in EE are frequently shown going much further than Christian and Syed ever have.  I think the relationship has been portrayed with great sensitivity and all credit to the actors  
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
PintOfPartridge View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote PintOfPartridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 01:32
So what does everyone think of the Chyred storyline? Is it done subtly, or do people think it's unsuitable television before the watershed?
Personally, I think it's a great storyline. Not being of the Muslim faith, I had no idea that being gay was against their religion. I think the story has educated as well as making good television. I've never seen a storyline like it and I think Eastenders has made a brave choice and is bringing up new plotlines.
Also, the acting from John Partridge, Marc Elliot  & supporting cast (Nina Wadia especially) has been exceptional!
Love the JP!
 Post Reply Post Reply