I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017 > Aida's World Famous SCD Blog
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Random DOI blogging ....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Aida View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Aida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Random DOI blogging ....
    Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 11:22
I know, I know - this is supposed to be my SCD blog, but since I couldn't resist watching the launch show of DOI last night and it provided me and the hubba with our best laugh since Herr Flick's paso, I just had to share a few thoughts .. hope you don't mind, Bren!

We took the precaution of turning the sound down before it started, but it was all in vain - the stentorian tones of Shouty Schofield effortlessly making himself heard above a hand-picked audience of screaming lunatics could probably permeate steel and seem to have convinced Holly Android to wear some kind of ear-protection which proved so effective she was reduced to staring like a rabbit in headlights at the autocue and nodding and smiling in Shouty's direction from time to time! This makes her look as dumb as a rock and enhances her resemblance to a glove puppet, but at least she won't be deaf before she's 40! I'm well over 40, but I value my hearing so I instantly followed her example and sent the hubba off to fetch my pink fluffy earmuffs. You can't be too careful!

I liked her hair, though, and wasted many precious moments while they showed the footage of T&D's rise to fame (seen so often I can do my own commentary) in standing on a footstool in front of the fire trying to arrange mine in a similar stylee around the earmuffs. Are you wondering why I have to stand on a stool, amici? It's because I'm 5'1" tall and the hubba is 6'3" and has selfishly erected every mirror in the house to suit his own needs - so I need the footstool if I want to see more than the very top of my head!

I didn't take any notes, so this is just a jumble of 'impressions' really - I very much liked seeing Ray and Maria again (they were always my favourites last year) although poor Maria seemed to have been last in the hairdressing queue and had only got to the 'rough' blow-drying stage before being thrust into her boots and on to the ice!

Mind you, she had a lucky escape from 'Hairdressing' who seem to have lined up all of the male professionals and given those who had sufficient hair to cut a swift run over with a hedge-trimmer, gelling whatever was left into a silly point and leaving the whole shoot of them looking like half-wits!

I could have wept when I saw what they'd done to My Ice Beloved, Matt Evers - well, I probably would have wept if I hadn't been convulsed with laughter to see that Heather Mills had also joined the line to be shorn and came off worse than he did!

Oh, look - we have new professionals - a job lot of former Eastern-bloc 'lovelies' who all have the exact same fixed smile and bleached hair and teeth and will no doubt shed clothing at a rate of knots in direct proportion to the talent or otherwise of their celebrity! Sounds familiar, doesn't it? I hope to God none of them decides to have a 'personality'

I was longing to see what passed for the zelebs, but first - Oh gioia - the Ice Panel!

I'm delighted to see that the stylists are still trying to drag Karen Barber into this decade - they've sorted the hair, but seem to have no control whatsoever over her predlection for frumpy frocks - and here's Jason Grinning-Skull, just popped in to say 'Hello' on his way to an S/M party - and - Gawd-help-us - a new and improved 'Lite' version of the Bunton trying and failing to both simper and look 'tuff' at the same time! Wot Bollox!

And now Shouty is at the peak of his excitement because it's time to introduce this year's victims - and just as he's about to begin to froth at the mouth, the ads with all of those sickening snogging cupples come on (probably to enable Dr. Hilary to administer some kind of sedative to Shouty) and I note that the hubba's mouthing something at me, losing his temper and snatching off my earmuffs as I mouth, "What?" back at him for the fifth time.

"I said have you noticed how we never see so much as a whisker of a cat when Schofield's yelling!", he snapped crossly, glowering at me when I pointed out sweetly that he himself was currently yelling louder, then ducking as he hurled the earmuffs back at me with quite unnecessary violence and cried in impassioned tones, "You promised me we weren't going to watch this crap!" Miserable sod!

And we're back and here they come - and to nobody's surprise, I don't know who a good three-quarters of them are, but they all look as if they could go a wonderful purler or two!

Those I do know - Delilah from Emmerdale and Duckling Dan - I liked her in Emmer and will be rooting for her - Sharon Davis, goodness what muscles - Will from 'The Bill' - hmmmm - he's a bit of a mmmmmmrowwlll - Heather bliddy Mills and My Ice Beloved - poor Matt - he'll be lucky to get past week 1 - Dr Hilary Jones looking quite elderly and breakable - that fool Sinitta also looking quite elderly - assorted eejits from Eastenders and Hollyoaks - and some bloke from Boyzone - an 'act-or' I've never heard of - all in all a fine collection of terrified-looking bores - I can hardly wait for Sunday although it'll prove to be a fairly packed evening - Barcelona are playing - I have to watch the appalling 'Wild at Heart' because (deep shame) I'm hopelessly addicted to it - also the first of a new series of 'Being Human' is on BBC 3 - decisions, decisions - will DOI prove sufficiently tempting?    

Edited by Aida - 09 Jan 2010 at 11:25

Cats were once worshipped as gods in Ancient Egypt. They've never forgotten this.

killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 15:51
Brilliant write-up as always

DOI has always been tempting, but I can't resist it
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
BCfan View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BCfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 17:36
Aida, wonderful as usualnod>  I am sitting here in a hotel room, opposite the Buxton Opera House, ready to see Brendan Cole's fabulous show.  I just had to visit the Blue Room, and of course I spotted your post.  Could not resist, and I am glad I didn't.  I did not see DOI yesterday, and doubt i will see it tomorrow, but I am not concerned, because I will just ensure I read your thoughts on each show.

I presume you will be writing on a regular basis your thoughts of the ice kings and queensWink

Edited by BCfan - 10 Jan 2010 at 01:29
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2010 at 00:27
haha great stuff Aida!!
Rosy Lee View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Rosy Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2010 at 23:56

Hoping this is not a one off bonus edition write up Aida...very funny. Thought the same about the haircuts especially poor Matts, not sure if the show is on long enough for it to have a chance to grow into something half decent.

Tango View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Tango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 22:05
Aida - brilliant as ever...

As they say  "once you start you have to finish" - please you have to do a weekly DOI blog to keep us all entertained - it's just wonderful nod
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote Aida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 23:27
Week One's 'take' is just above/below this one - entitled 'Ramblings from the Land of the Men with Pointed Heads'!

I'll keep going as long as I can stand to - thanks for the encouragement,amici - old and new!

Cats were once worshipped as gods in Ancient Egypt. They've never forgotten this.

Tango View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Tango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 23:33
I know  Aida - i have just read it - fab work you are an Angel