I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > Television and Film
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'Popstar To Operastar' details confirmed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'Popstar To Operastar' details confirmed
    Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 11:49
They're not taking the piss are they? This isn't a spoof show is it? *checks transmission date*

Anyway

The lineup and judging panel for new ITV1 series Popstar To Operastar has been confirmed.
Hosted by Myleene Klass and Alan Titchmarsh, the show will feature ten famous popstars training to perform famous opera songs.

The celebrities taking part include Blur bassist Alex James, veteran singer Bernie Nolan, McFly's Danny Jones and Pop Idol star Darius Campbell. Jimmy Osmond, ex-Hear'Say singer and Coronation Street actress Kym Marsh, Shakespeare's Sister star Marcella Detroit and Vanessa White from girlband The Saturdays complete the lineup.

All the contestants will be coached by mentors Katherine Jenkins and Rolando Villazon before performing live on Friday night, when one hopeful will be voted off each week.
Jenkins and Villazon will be joined on the judging panel by Meatloaf and Classic FM DJ Laurence Llewlyn-Bowen.

Britain's Got Talent stars Susan Boyle and Paul Potts, X Factor runner-up Rhydian and opera group Il Divo are rumoured to have been lined up as special guest performers.

source
Laura View Drop Down
What Blue Dreams Are Made Of
Posh (manipulative) Totty

Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 12:44
NOt one I'll be watching!!

and i only just noticed Titchmarsh is co-hosting. Good grief.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 12:49
|I know, it all seems a tad bizarro doesn't it? Not entirely convinced it's going ahead

But *sigh* guess I'll watch first episode if only to see Darius (now Darius Campbell? WTF?) make a hash of it
Laura View Drop Down
Posh (manipulative) Totty

Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 14:05
Campbell? what's that all about?! i'd forgotten he was in it, i'll have to tune in to see how well he's looking.

it does all seem a bit of a cruel joke.
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 21:22
I Love Meatloaf but he should not be on the Panel and I have not heard of that curly haired guy who sings with Katherine in the advert.
 Post Reply Post Reply